Last and Final Questions Before Ordering a New 2015 BC3950FB

PTLOVER

We visited the factory this week and was able to pin down the unit to order

These are some of options that we would like feed back on from those who have used fifth wheels and not a sales person.

Unit standard axle is 7000lb with option to upgrade to 8000lb which also give you up brakes and less maintenance (12.25x75 brakes is what is on this line item) Is this worth the $900

Going to get the Onan 5.5 Generator and wondering if it will run the upgraded home refrig?

Dual Pane Window upgrade?

Sliders Toppers - Was told these can be noisy in even small wind and even harder to clean under them than if you did not have them?

Awning enclosure - Upgrade to meta wrapped to protect - Was told this is good but the extra weight is hard on the awning motor?

Have 2 dealers working on final cost today and hope to place order first of next week

Dealer 1 show a 34% discount of there MSRP which can be inflated to make that discount be whatever they want

I read somewhere that RV wholesale provides the best cost but hoping a local dealer is in the ballpark and I can buy from them.

Next week question is advance will be a good RV part near Bradenton FLA that has boat dock or marina to stay this winter.

Thanks for your feedback and looking forward to learning more about this way of life

Pat and Renee

danemayer

We visited the factory this week and was able to pin down the unit to order

These are some of options that we would like feed back on from those who have used fifth wheels and not a sales person.

Unit standard axle is 7000lb with option to upgrade to 8000lb which also give you up brakes and less maintenance (12.25x75 brakes is what is on this line item) Is this worth the $900

Going to get the Onan 5.5 Generator and wondering if it will run the upgraded home refrig?

Dual Pane Window upgrade?

Sliders Toppers - Was told these can be noisy in even small wind and even harder to clean under them than if you did not have them?

Awning enclosure - Upgrade to meta wrapped to protect - Was told this is good but the extra weight is hard on the awning motor?
Hi ptlover,

The generator will run the residential refrigerator and everything else, but keep in mind the cost of propane. It burns close to a gallon/hour. Your 40lb tank holds about 9 gallons.

We have dual pane windows. There's some debate about thermal improvement, but not much debate about noise level improvement. We go on extended ski trips and they do a nice job and we don't have to deal with condensation freezing on the inside of the windows.

Slide toppers are worthwhile in my opinion. Yes they can get noisy in high winds. And they need support in snow and ice. But in nearly 4 years I've never had to clean debris off the top of the slides.

Our rig came with the awning enclosure. No problems.

No experience with the upgraded axle/brakes. But check with the factory on exactly what the upgraded axle is. Based on recent LM discussion it may not be 8,000. Getting better braking is probably more significant.

Majestic

Hi and welcome to the group

we have everything that is on your list, all worth it in my opinion.

If you go with the disc brake and have a built in brake controller your will have to make a minor change as per the many threads on this issue. Dexter hasn't modified their pumps for the new trucks.

Negotiate hard and enjoy the excitement, yes buy local if you can, think of the commuting cost to the dealer 6 times for warranty work!

donr827

I presume you upgraded the tires. When dealing with dealers I always ask for the bottom line dollar figure. No last minute charges like for PDI. Don

pegmikef

I presume you upgraded the tires. When dealing with dealers I always ask for the bottom line dollar figure. No last minute charges like for PDI. Don

Yeah, I didn't see upgraded tires on your list either. As Don says, get the final price from each of the dealers. Remember the cost of the options are also negotiable. In example, my dealer charged me only $1,295 for the upgrade to G614 tires and I think the MSRP is around 2k plus. The tire upgrade includes the spare.

Crumgater

Definitely go with slide toppers.

We didn't have them, and added them DIY after the first year.
We're in Seattle and the rain would pool, then drain INTO the RV. We ended up with wet carpet under the slide when in storage (we park in a storage lot, with no way to dry things out before parking).
With slide toppers, we've been through some drenchers, and no more water problem.
They also help keep the RV cooler in hot sunshine, too.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Go to your dealer that is close. Get the HL BC build sheet from them. Take it home....add up all the options in $$$.... subtract 25-30% from that price. Then go back and make them that offer and go from there.

If nothing else...order the GY G614 tires and disc brakes.

PTLOVER

Go to your dealer that is close. Get the HL BC build sheet from them. Take it home....add up all the options in $$$.... subtract 25-30% from that price. Then go back and make them that offer and go from there.

If nothing else...order the GY G614 tires and disc brakes.

The deal was done yesterday and don't think we forgot anything and sign on the dotted line. Will have new unit by July 4th weekend
Did all upgrades that were discussed in these post. Axle to 8000lb package, slider toppers, double pane windows, generator, yeti package, home frig, extra fantastic fan , 2 AC units all inside the 3950FB

Now looking for a winter home to park in near Bradenton FLA that also has water access to use the pontoon boat

Thanks for all the suggestion