Pesky ANT Prevention

haulinem

Heading to Lake Seminole on the Florida/Georgia line for a couple of weeks. I have read the campground has a lot of ants so I am looking for words of wisdom and tips on how to keep them from moving in with us.

Thanks,
Terry & Grace

olcoon

You can go to your local hardware store, or wherever (Walmart, etc) & get some stuff to keep them out.

Gizzy

Sevin Dust. Get it from any big box or WalMart. Put it anywhere that touches the ground. ie; around tires, power cord, landing gear, jacks, water hose, etc. I find it best to put it around tires and any jacks BEFORE putting the slides out. Easier to reach the inside of tires. Great stuff!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Another advantage of spraying MouseFree once a year on the frame is that it also keeps out crawling insects. Powders and potions applied to the ground have to create a continuous barrier and be reapplied after a while when they wash away.

Dean-Pam

I have used cleanser with bleach. You can get the cheap stuff from Dollar General or similar store, but it must contain bleach.

porthole

Retired
We have used comet in the past, but I don't like the look.
I usually use one of the pest repellants in the gallon jugs with the built in sprayer Easier to apply around the back side of tires and all the jacks.
The gallon jugs fit perfect in the propane compartment.

Pizzadigger

Amdro.. its the best stuff i ever used to fight ants. just sprinkle around the rig and a little under and your good for a few weeks.

Crumgater

Cinnamon!

Ants won't cross a trail of cinnamon. The hate the smell... interferes with their communication or something.

Put cinnamon potpourri in/around the RV, and the ants will stay away.
Works for me, because I love the smell of cinnamon. :)

-Tina