The 3655RD is now in the driveway

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Got it home this afternoon after stopping at the scales on the way home (see separate thread on those results).

Amazingly, I got it backed into the driveway on the second try. Hardly noticed much difference from my old Cameo LXI as far as length and handling goes.

Only problem is that I couldn't hook up to 110 at home as the adapter they gave me at the dealer was backwards. I needed a female 50 amp to a male 30 amp (to go down to 15 amp), but I had a male 50 amp and a female 30 amp connector - so down to the parts store tomorrow.

The 50 miles that I towed it was pretty uneventful. Nothing out of place when I arrived, but three drawers were somewhat out (1 in kitchen and two in bedroom). I'll install the catches that someone else has suggested to solve that problem.

Tomorrow, we'll make up the bed and get it ready for our first camping trip (if you can call separate den, king bed and fireplace camping) which should be about ten days from now.

Dealer was really great. I did the PDI on the unit last Friday when it first came back from the factory (dealer rejected it when he first saw it as there were some dings on the facia around the slides and the factory decided it could do a better job then sending parts to the dealer). Everything that I had written up was taken care of.

Wish us luck. We figure that we have about ten more years of this ahead of us before we live a more sedate lifestyle (we've been doing this since 1975) and we want this to be our last unit.

jbeletti

Chuck and Saundra,

Congrats on your new arrival! That is one big rig.

I installed catches on the drawers in the wardrobe cabinet in my Mt. Rushmore. They now stay closed while underway. I need to install them on the island drawers and the drawers next to the sink. It's on my list. I also finally found a slide-out basket for my island cabinets where I store pots and pans - so that's on the list to do too.

Best of luck and much fun with your new trailer.

Jim

heidi72

good luck from the uk Chuck & Saundra with your new trailer. hope you have many a happy vacation in it. kind regards Heidi & Dennis Ravenscroft

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig. I may have changed my wife's mind about this unit over the Landmark Monticello because of the weight difference. She is not too keen on the idea of a MDT to haul the Landmark with.

I'll be interested in the weight numbers too.

Rick

Hey Chuck nice rig. The only advice I have is to get a 50 amp line or 30 (I ran a 50). In the mean time make sure you have an heavy-duty or extra heavy duty extension to run from house outlet 15 amp. If not check your extension cord to make sure it is not overheating. Running things without the proper amp rating can cause problems and early-life failure on some of the systems inside your RV. Just speaking from experience. Rick & Sandi (TIN CAN TOURISTS)

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Jay, see my post under towing with the dodge in this same category. All the weights are shown.

Rick, thanks for the advice. I am planning to go with the 50. All I have with the 15 right now is the refrigerator and lights. I did put on the air conditioner and the circuit tripped when I tried out the central vac. I am using a 10 gauge cord.
Chuck