Movin' On

Scott

Heartland Family and Friends:
One thing I know for sure is things change. But that is not always bad. In fact, often times it's good. I have been asked so many times recently about what I am going to be doing that I decided to simply jot it down for anyone who is interested. Yes, I have resigned from Heartland. No, there is nothing “wrong”. Heartland is doing so well in the marketplace that if I were a smart man, I would stick around and maximize my investment. But those of you who know me best understand I have other motivations in life. It is simply time for me to move on to the next thing in life for me and it is something that, like Heartland, I am very passionate about. Before I ever tried to convince Tim Hoffman that we had what it takes to start our own RV company, I was working on a project that was near and dear to my heart. It involved training men and women in life skills so that they would be better equipped to get a good paying job and get off of government assistance – and not have to rely solely on others for their well being. It is a project that did not come to fruition because I simply did not have the resources to make it happen. Today I am in a better situation to do this and it is time to put feet to the plan and get it moving. <O:p</O:pI am going to be working to organize a lot of individuals; faith-based and other organizations and resources to launch the Elkhart County Life Center. <ST1:pThe ECLC’s mission is to train and equip men and women in job skills; life skills and Biblical principles and values so that when they do get that good paying job they always dreamed of, they can keep it and excel at it as well as in life. The poverty rate in our community continues to grow, as does the number of broken families as a result of this poverty. You may not know this, but in the inner-city, the divorce rate and percentage of single moms raising children is approaching 85%. And statistics show that in all divorces and family break ups – money is the number one issue or problem that was identified. There is an opportunity here. I have seen in the RV industry, as well as others, that many inner city adults have little or no chance at getting the nice paying jobs because they have no experience and there isn’t enough incentive for busy RV companies to take the time to train them. As a result, we often end up with a smaller labor pool to draw from and with a good percentage of employees that will jump jobs at the drop of a hat. But they continue to get hired, because they have “experience”. At the same time we could have someone who would give their left arm for an opportunity to work in one of our factories – if they only got the chance. During the next season of my life, I am going to gather people together who have a heart to train young men and women, in everything from RV construction to engine repairs; plumbing and heating; audio/video technologies; computer keyboarding and data entry; etc. We are going to give them job training and life skills/principles. In the end, we hope to provide them with opportunities that they would otherwise not have had. It has been my experience that there are lots of people in the work force who feel blessed by the opportunities they have enjoyed and are ready to “give back” a little by helping give some one in need a hand “up” – not a hand out.<O:p</O:p
Besides the Life Center, I am going to be spending more (much needed) time with my wife and kids; doing some coaching down at NorthWood high school (go Panthers!) and will also be spending some time trying to get my other company, Livin’ Lite RV (which I started the year before we started Heartland) into a better position to succeed in the RV marketplace.<O:p</O:p
So – as you can see – my life is going to continue to be full- it will just not be centered around Heartland like it has been for the last five years. The thing I appreciate the most about this place is the people that I have met and built relationships with at Heartland and our customers. I have a whole new circle of friends that I hope will continue to be friends for the rest of my life.<O:p</O:p
Until I see you next, - be blessed – and be a blessing to someone else!
Your Friend,
Scott Tuttle

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Scott, this is good news and bad news all in one. Im glad for you and I hope it all goes as planned. Im sure everyone hopes that you stay in touch and update us on how things are going. We will miss you as the go to guy. God Bless Bob and Pat :D:D

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Just wanted to let you will be missed and thanks for your participation on the forum. I know Heartland will miss you, also but you don't have to be a stranger to us folks here. We wish the best in your new endeavours, many blessings to you and family....Ken & Kathy

linuxkidd

Indeed bitter sweet for the Heartland community. I've only just entered into the ranks of a Heartland Owner and wish I would have had more of a chance to work with you. But it sounds like great things are ahead. I wish you nothing but great luck and happiness in all your future endeavors.

Be sure to drop us a line from time to time about your progress!
LK

billd

Scott,

Thanks for the giving of your time here to help out the Hearland owners. The project you are moving on to seems to be a well needed step up for people in many cities.

Thanks for all you have done, and good luck in your new ventures. Stop by and say hi at times.

Bill

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
What to say????????????????????????

Scott,
I always had a feeling that you had other business interest outside of Heartland and Livin’ Lite. Many times in the past you would comment “as long as I’m here” in response to some thread or other type of communications. Since you have not spent so much time in the forum lately also made me think that you were either very busy with day-to-day business or you were slowly distancing yourself.
As for Linda and I, we are very happy to hear that you will be pursuing yet another challenging endeavor that we are sure you will not only succeed in but will create a great awareness for others.
We are saddened by your departure but at the same time happy for you and your family. We are very grateful to have met you and spend some time with you during the Rallies and plant tours. You really made Heartland a personable type company and we hope that you have instilled that character in others there at Heartland.
Please keep us informed of your adventures as I know many of us would love to hear from you.
Thank you for all you’ve done.<O:p</O:p
<O:p></O:p>
Good luck and God bless,
Mark and Linda

Last edited:

StevieWonder

Never had the privilege of meeting you, but it sounds like a very admirable task that you are undertaking.

Best wishes and God speed.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Good Luck Scott. Thanks for everything you've done to help put Heartland where it's at. You'll be missed. Best Wishes in your future endeaver.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We too are very sorry we never got to meet you, and wish you and your family all the best.

Thank you for helping to start a company that is second to none in the RV industry...good luck, and maybe you could still come "visit" at the rally in Branson!!;)

Ken and Kathy Adams

Tom of Ypsi

Scott,

We only met you a couple of times and talked to you several times and all I can say is you will be missed in this Heartland family. I am sure you will succeed above and beyond your expectations on everything you wish and work for. Good luck, God Bless and hope to see you again.

Pulltab

Good luck Scott! you served us all well! Life changes all the time and you gotta keep up or fall behind and sometimes you gotta make it happen. Congrats to you!

ct0218

Scott
Since I first spoke to you a little over 2 years ago, and finally met you at the plant 1 1/2 years ago, I've always appreciated your honesty and candor. I believe you have been a real asset for Heartland, and I'm sure you will succeed in your new endeavor. It sounds like quite an undertaking!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Scott, I have yet to take delivery of my new Cyclone (mid-Feb), but I feel like I know you through this forum I've been reading the past couple of weeks. May God bless your new endeavors!

BluegrassMan

Hello Scott:

I wish to "Thank You" for all the times you went to bat on my behalf with any 5ver problems. I appreciate your concern and honesty in handling "Our" needs with the company. I wish you all the success possible in your NEW endevors, it takes a special person to walk away and forge a new path. You'll be rewarded for the time invested in peoples lives, here and beyond. Again Thank You!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Scott,
I'm sure you don't remember it, but I've exchanged emails with you since the Landmark first came out. Now I am a happy owner of a Bighorn.

Although I never got to meet you, I wish you all the best in your new endeavour. Good luck, buddy!

Scott

This country was made great by individuals with the freedom to do what's in their heart and doin it with a passion that creates greatness. These endeavors have produced many great accomplishments and many others have benefitted from these efforts. I wish you and all those that you influence the best!!!

happyrover

Moving on

Scott,
Sorry to hear that you are leaving Heartland as you have been a tremendous asset and will be greatly missed. Your new endeavour is
certainly an admirable one and I wish you the very best. I sure hope that you will include in your life skills a section on financial management. I have seen so many individuals that have worked all their life and would like to retire but have no funds set aside. Hope to see you in the near future at our Heartland rallies.
Mel & Nina HarrisonNone

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Scott, we to wish the best in your new a very worthy career change. As you can see by the responses, your contributions to Heartland and to this forum will be greatly missed. Good luck and God Bless.....