Best place to position side camera on Torque325?

wa5zjk

Where is the best place to install the side cameras on my 2013 Torque 325?
Any sugestions on running the cables?

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

On motorhomes, they put them pretty far forward on the coach.

TerryH on this forum has installed side cameras and I think he has his mid-ship.

Where you end up putting yours needs to be a function of how far up the coach you want to see things on your sides, balanced with "where/how am I going to run these wires?".

If you locate the cameras on the sidewall where the wires come into the backside of cabinets, then hiding the wires on the outside is all but figured out.

If you locate the cameras on the side walls and NOT on the slide walls, your wiring routing becomes way easier.

Then of course, get the wires up to the gen cabinet area and out to the pinbox to wire into a receptacle, then use a coiled umbilical to connect to the truck. Unless you're going wireless - which I would not recommend unless it's a proven system (like Voyager).

wa5zjk

Thank you for the info. It will be very helpful. I am going to use a wired system. Will try to plan very carefully before punching holes.

whp4262

I put wired cameras on the back and both sides of my Cyclone 3914. I mounted the side cameras above the frame and forward of the propane tank compartments. The cables run through the cabinets and under the bed directly above the fifth wheel hitch then out to a gang box for hookup. I'm going to extend mine out from the wall later because the awning etc. blocks some of the view. PM me if you want pictures etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
On my camera install I mounted the side view cameras behind the rear axles on the slides as high as possible, so I could watch the tail swing. See this POST for more detailed information. Also look at the attached PDF file to read about my complete camera install.

Attachments

• Trailer Side View Cameras 2.pdf
    437 KB · Views: 27

porthole

Retired
Here is my post from my camera install.
As mentioned in my thread, I found the side cameras to be of little value and would not do them again.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=329201&viewfull=1#post329201