LED Recessed Light Bulbs

Hunter11

Does anyone know if the LED bulbs in the new units ceiling recessed lights are replaceable? If so what bulb do they use or do you have to order the complete unit from Heartland and replace it if a light goes out? I am one of those "carry spares" of all the bulbs the trailer uses people. We had halogen recessed lights in our last unit which were easy to find. Thanks in advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are a handy person that likes to modify you might be able to use something other than the board of LEDs that is in the canister.
If not you will want to order from Heartland parts.
You can remove the glass lens and take a look. It removes by turning counter clockwise.

Peace
Dave

Hunter11

Dave, I had removed the lens and looked at them and it looked like they could not be replaced. I guess I will give Heartland parts a call and order a couple of complete housings. I would prefer not to have to modify the existing lights.

Garypowell

Hunter,

You might have to grab the light bulb and wiggle it a little. More than likely it is a G4 type base. This is the base where to stiff wires come out the end of the "glass". In my 2013 they are incandescent. I have changed them all to LED.

But by calling Heartland you will get it straight from the horse.....I think they should offer to sell you an extra bulb...and with LED that might be all you need. If not once you know what the packaging says you can order someplace else.

JanAndBill

Just replaced one in ours. The light is a circuit board with power wires attached. It is held in place in the can by plastic clips. I was unsuccessful in finding a replacement. Called Heartland under $20 for can and all.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited: