'08 2998BHS Holding tank Question

Irish Ram

I have a 2008 2998BHS
I have 3 questions on the holding tanks:
1) There are 3 tanks up front, 2 gray and 1 black.
It is very difficult to understand which valve is for which tank, can you please list the three valves in order.
2) I can not tell what fills each of the gray tanks, can you please tell me what flows into Gray#1 and Gray #2
3) Lastly, can you please tell me how much each tank holds, please include the 4th tank in the rear which is for the 2nd bathroom (black water).
I can not find this information anywhere, as I did not receive a manual. :(

grizzlygiant

I don't have the answers but I know how I would find them. I would drain all the tanks completely and close all the valves. Then pour 5 gallons of water down one fixture and open the valves one at a time and see which one drains. Repeat the process for each fixture. You then know which fixture goes into which tank.

jpmorgan37

Irish Ram;

I don't know why you didn't receive a manual. Your dealer should have provided you with one, but if he doesn't, contact Heartland Customer Service @ 574-262-8030 and they should be able to help you.

John

grizzlygiant

Irish Ram;

I don't know why you didn't receive a manual. Your dealer should have provided you with one, but if he doesn't, contact Heartland Customer Service @ 574-262-8030 and they should be able to help you.

John
The manual I got with my 2008 BH3400 contained only generic data on the care of the coach along with the appliance brochures. It sure would have been nice to have some model-specific information (such as asked by the original poster).

frumbawa

I also own the 2998RB and this is what I've come up with. Of the three valves, valve one is pretty self-explanatory as it's the black tank for the bedroom stall. Middle valve is marked gray #1 and is fed by the shower and master bedroom sink. Valve #3 is marked gray #2 and is fed by kitchen sink and rear 1/2 bath sink. Black tank for the rear bath is at the back of the rig all by its lonely.

As for tank sizes, I'm guessing by the general specs. that both blacks are 45 gal each. As for the two grays, my (generic) manual says in some cases there will be two do to floor plan. Since the specs say total 80 gal, I'm thinking two 40 gal. tanks instead. I was hoping one would overflow to the other but the manual says they're independent.

I'm curious to hear from the factory. I'd like to know if my assumptions are correct.

Frank

Irish Ram

Frank.
This helps, I intend going camping with no sewer hooks ups, and I can control the usage, I am very interested to hear how much each tank holds.

Did you receive a manual that explains this?
Most of what I have learned on my camper is from others and trial and error.
I had a coleman before and I rec'd a huge manual explaining everything. I am not sure if there is one and I did not receive it!

Well I am not sure how long it takes the factory to answer, does not seem like they are overloaded with questions, I leave in 7 days, I hope I have an answer in time. :confused:

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
Frank is correct on the valves.

The tanks you have a:
53 gallon fresh tank
40 gallon grey for the bath
40 gallon grey for the kitchen
40 gallon black

If you want to send me a private message, containing your address, I would be more than happy to send you an owners manual. it is just a generic manual though that gives the basics on fifth wheels.

Jim Fenner
Heartland RV

Last edited:

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
irishram, i will forward this to Steve Johnson our plant manager and he will tell which rod goes to which tank and send you some labels along with an owners manual thanks and sorry for any trouble. John

mike3fan

irishram, i will forward this to Steve Johnson our plant manager and he will tell which rod goes to which tank and send you some labels along with an owners manual thanks and sorry for any trouble. John

That's what I love about this forum,even 6 month old post get answered by Heartland.....j/k John:D