Interior lights not working

Kblock108

Hopefully someone can help, my switch shown here will not turn on anything. I checked the fuses and breakers, all is good. I am still learning electrical, so this has been a little challenge
hyjymeta.jpg

Garypowell

You don't mention if they used to work but I'll assume they have. I'll also assume other 12 volt things work.

This is boils down to a lose wire someplace either hot or neutral.

Have ce you done something recently where a wire bundle got tugged?

bottom line is you have to check the wiring path and look for the wire that has come loose.

danemayer

Best to check fuses by pulling each one out and measuring with an voltmeter set to Ohms. Sometimes fuses look ok but are actually not conducting.

Also, if you're looking for an illuminated LED next to the fuse to identify a blown fuse, the switch must be ON. If there's no load on the circuit, the LED won't illuminate even if the fuse is blown.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
With either with a 12V test light or a DVOM meter....you need to see if you have 12V to all the switches. Then see if you have ground to all the switches. I would also remove the fuse panel and make sure you have 12V coming in at the fuse panel behind the fuses. With this kind of issue you have to start at one end or the other of the circuit. If nothing (12V) at the circuit panel....you will have to go in a little deeper.