Drain Pan Finally Installed

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I finally got the drain pan for the washer installed today. Took a few hours, working alone, but it's done. Hardest part was making an opening in the dust panel under the dresser to route the drain line. Would have been easier if I'd remembered to bring my Dremel tool kit along. Had to use a small hand saw and a hole saw on the drill to make it, so it ain't pretty. Once that was done, the rest was easy. I drilled a hole through the floor under the dresser that came out in the hydraulic/battery compartment and tied the drain line extension to the front wall frame with cable ties. I didn't want to run the drain all the way down the pipe chase in the basement since that would have been a PITA. This cabinet is open at the bottom and a lot closer.

In the last photo, you see the FlowSafe hoses I was going to install, but I just could not get one of them to stop leaking...badly. So I reinstalled the original rubber hoses and all is good. Ran a rinse cycle on the machine to make sure the repair I did earlier was good. No leaks! Put the closet back in order and had a cold one.

View attachment 30127View attachment 30128View attachment 30129View attachment 30130View attachment 30131View attachment 30132

mobilcastle

I ran mine similar to the way you put yours in. The biggest PITA was putting in the stack units-my son was a big help. Take my advise and buy a single unit if are thinking about putting a washer dryer in your rig especially if it goes in the closet of the second floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

John,

Where did you buy your pan?

Once I realized "what I had done"...that is putting something that will leak inside the closet I paniced. I had a piece of shower pan plastic left over and fashioned it into a "pan shape" and have the front open so any water will drain out front. OK....as long as I see it quickly but no real way to put a drain line on it as it should have.

Even though I don't want to I probably need to fix the problem.....before it becomes a problem.

Thanks for the info.

JohnDar

Gary, I don't remember where I bought it! I got it last fall but wasn't able to install it until now. I'll try to remember when we get home next Thursday to look for the receipt.

JohnDar

That was something I did the first season we had the BH. And they still got in. Haven't had any since I started spraying the frame and jacks with MouseFree, though. Just reapplied it two days ago. But to be safe, I'll block the tiny opening around the drain tube with foam.

JohnDar

Gary, I checked my Ebay history. That's where I got the drain pan, from a dealer called RVPlus.

Splendide Washer Drain Away Pan, 22-1/4" D PI22