Fantastic Kitchen Vent

shelsay

Hi--

For some reason, the fan has quit working in our Fantastic vent. The dome opens and closes fine, but the fan doesn't operate. Any suggestions for trouble-shooting or possible causes.

Pat

Rickhansen

Mine has a switch for fan off-low-med-high. Have you verified that that fan is supposed to be running.

shelsay

We tried to run on on each speed, but didn't work on any of them. Thanks for the thought.

Pat

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Possible a wire to the motor has come loose. You might be able to see them from above, if you get on the roof and open the lid.

pegmikef

and the bad news might be . . . a friend with an SOB had the same problem and the fan motor had died and beyond repair, but his was like six years old.

Garypowell

Not sure how often you have used it but take the inside screen down and give the blade a whirl. Might just be stuck.

BobnBet

Our 2013 Bighorn just did the same thing. I got up on the roof and found that the automatic on/off switch had corrosion on the eyelet where the hot wire attaches...cleaned it, and it now works.

dbbls59

The automatic button that the lid operates can become loose and not get a ground. It may only need tightening. I had this problem with mine on my SOB.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Pat,
pizza know you and Dave really should not be getting up on that roof. Maybe get that discount from Porter's for just before the rally, or do you need it sooner?

Kristy

shelsay

Thanks for all the suggestions. Since neither of us gets up on the roof (relax, Kristy), we had our local rv tech stop by and, yes, it was just a stuck switch. Wish all problems were fixed so easily.

Pat

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK Pat, I'm relaxed.. Tell Dave I'm relaxed just in case he's worried about me. :D I 'm glad you found the problem.

Kristy

hriker

Just had the same issue happen to my fantastic fan yesterday. The lid would open and close fine but the fan would not start. I thought that it might be a stuck switch. But checked the forum first and found this thread. There were a couple suggestions I didn't think about. Went up and opened the vent cover and pushed on the switch and the fan started. Sprayed a little silicone lubricant on the switch plunger and worked it a few times. The fan now starts normally!!! You got to love this forum, you can find someone that has had almost any issue you encounter and find the fix.

JeromyS

Those little push switches are chrome and tend to rust\stick extremely easily if not used all the time. I know my fantastic fan in my back bathroom of my 37 Ultimate did the same thing although it was beyond recovery. I ended up forcing it down enough to where the outer casing was stuck down, but the inner rod would move, just needed to spring load it. Used a spring from a ball-point pen and it's working like new again. For as much money as this fan is I tell ya they sure depend on an error prone switch.