Order Placed not the wait begins

rjr6150

Ordered our new 09 3400RL two weeks ago. Dealer tells me will be 8-10 weeks before delivery can't wait. Thanks to all for assistance and information expecially Ray Robinson with Heartland sending color swatches of the fabric. Looking forward to seeing you all down the road.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Randy & Kathy, Welcome to the Heartland family. I'm sure you'll enjoy your 3400 as much as we do ours. They've made some nice changes and improvements to the 2009's. Safe travels.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hey Ray,
I ordered my bighorn 3400RE in sept 2007 at the pomona show, but for some reason it took several months to get it right, but its ok because they are getting me a 2009 instead of the 2008 that i ordered which left the factory jan 23rd. my question is what differences are there in the 2009 over the 2008? Also, is gap insurance a good idea, is there a good place to get financing outside the dealer, which rv insurance company is the best, and which extended warranty company do u recommend? whew lots of questions but we are going to pick it up when the weather abates in central CA and i want to be prepared.

jbeletti

Larry,

Best Insurance Company:
Wow - this may be a different answer for many people depending on what your drivers are (lowest cost, best coverage etc.). I use American Modern. I think it costs me $500 a year, includes full-replacement coverage, has some extra endorsements that I added and has a declining deductible.

Financing:
I have no experience on this one thankfully. Financed mine with my home equity line, then paid it off later. Worked for me.

Extended Warranty:
There are several out there. Hope you get some good responses on it.

Gap Insurance?:
What is this? Is this an insurance that will cover the difference between what your loan balance is vs. your present value in the event of a total loss? If so, I guess I have that built into my unit insurance with the replacement value coverage. So that's an option for some. I also specified the value in the policy and I used full MSRP.

Best of luck,

Jim

Jim

Last edited:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Jim,
You put the Big Country changes for 2009 not the Bighorn, I believe. Also, will I be able to use the 42" TV if I am hooked up to the cable connection? Is it a fallacy if I get a rollup tounneau top to the bed, I will get better diesel mpg?

jbeletti

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the BC vs. BH mix-up. I can type much faster than I can think sometimes. I'll try to get an official list of changes from Heartland and get them posted up.

As for the MPG question, I'll leave that to Mythbusters :)

Jim

jbeletti

Larry,

Again, sorry for the mix-up, posting the link to BC change vs. BH.

Please consider calling the factory at 574-262-8030 as they will be happy to discuss the year over year changes with you.

Thanks,

Jim

ordered new 3600RE

I am a new member as of today.And have made up our minds to order a 3600re after months of looking and comparing i couldnt find another unit that had the same quality for the money.We have been fulltiming for a couple years in our 97 king of the road and decided to update to a bighorn. I hope we are as happy with the new unit as the old one.

2005 dodge dually quadcab diesel
38rl king of the road

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome

Welcome to the Heartland family, and congrats on the new BH. Happy travels.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Welcome

Congrads on the new BH.:cool: You wont find a better coach out there for the money. Get on the forum and poke around and ask questions. We are all here to help you get off to a good start. Heartland will stand behind you all the way. Bob, Pat, and the:eek:cat