Reading Lights...2014 Big Horn

sedsall92

This may be a stupid question but how do you turn on the reading lights? We are new to the the RV thing, and are spending a lot of time trying to find out what turns what on. But we can't figure out how to turn on the reading lights above the sofa OR above the bed. I would think you would just turn the switch on at the fixture, but we turn it on and nothing happens. Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depending on the lamps, the switch for the reading lamps isna small knob at the top of the "bell." It's between the two metal "arms" that it hangs from.

Garypowell

If you have found the switch be aware they are clockwise rotation to turn on when looking directly at the nob. They don't work going the other way.

If that's not the problem then you need to check the fuses. Hard to imagine both sets of lights would be on the same fuse when that far apart...but really don't know.

I have heard of fuses being defective such that you cannot see it is no good. But you should still get a light on the fuse panel when there is a load.

Past that you'll have to drop a light to insure you have power. If you have power then bad fixture or bulb. But again hard to imagine all being bad.

If no power you are tracing wires to find the loose connection or screw

danemayer

Heartland's used a lot of different light fixtures that have different kinds of switches. Our sofa reading lights have wall switches. The bedroom reading lights have push/push button switches on the fixture. I would guess that in general the reading lights over the bed would have a switch built into the fixture. Sometimes it helps to have a flashlight with you when looking for switches or outlets in the bedroom.

SeattleLion

The switch on our 2014 Bighorn reading lights are on the base in front (facing you). It's a standard rocker switch.