No Cable or Antenna Reception

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We had a Direct TV satellite dish installed on the camper two weeks ago. Satellite works well, but here at the National Rally, we are in the trees, so no satellite reception. Cannot get cable (which is available here) nor "over the air" antenna reception. What do I need to do, to get tv when I don't want to use satellite??

danemayer

Keith,

You're at a rally. This morning, have some coffee and then grab a screwdriver and pliers and walk around your trailer scratching your head. I'm sure within 5 minutes you'll have 6 helpers and one of them will know about Cable and OTA TV.:p

klindgren

GREAT idea Dan. I'll do it just as soon as I see a few bodies up and moving around!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We were unable to get any channels when we arrived yesterday. Had to switch our auto channel scan to digital. Picked up 50 or so channels.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Keith, Nelly Muffins, 8:30, 26 Holly Lane.
You should find a few helpers.
Be there.

Peace
Dave

klindgren

Here's what we've found out so far. It's both a trailer issue and a park issue. Because Bethpage has all digital signal in their cable lines, we will get channels on the living room TV (some times 80, most times 60 and sometimes 5). But we will be watching TV and then the signal will be lost and we get nothing.

So I'm getting something, just not very good. The bedroom TV is something different. No reception, at any time. Not even over the air with the booster on. So they've disconnected something. I'll hopefully have them fix it or show me how to flip back and forth tomorrow when I have to take the rig back to Chesapeake to have my living room A/C replaced (that's a whole nother story!!!).

pegmikef

Is there a short jumper cable near the booster that connects one outlet to another? I think you need that for OTA reception in the bedroom.

olcoon

I plugged mine in, and the program with what's on with all the channels was on when it got done searching. When I tried to go to a channel, say channel 5 all I got was snow. I then figured out that if I hit the channel up button on the remote it would go to 5.1 & I had reception. Had to do that with any channel I watched. Don't know about long term because we were only here this morning long enough to watch about 1-1½ programs & didn't turn it on when we got home.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I plugged mine in, and the program with what's on with all the channels was on when it got done searching. When I tried to go to a channel, say channel 5 all I got was snow. I then figured out that if I hit the channel up button on the remote it would go to 5.1 & I had reception. Had to do that with any channel I watched. Don't know about long term because we were only here this morning long enough to watch about 1-1½ programs & didn't turn it on when we got home.

That is probably just the way the TV you have works.

We have two Vizio flat screen TV's in our trailer (both the same model, just different sizes), and if you press a channel number, using '5' as an example, it will go to the first channel in that number series (ie.- '5.1', '5.2', etc) that has a scanned channel programmed in.

danemayer

Roy,

Since the conversion to digital TV, I think all the digital stations have numbers like 5.1, 5.2, 36.1, etc. There are still a few analog transmitters on the air that use 5, 36, etc. If you use the SCAN function, the TV will load the correct numbers into the control system so you can press the channel up or down controls and move between channels without worrying about the numbering. But if you press the number on the keypad, it will look for the analog channel at that number. If there is no analog channel, you get snow.