Best places to go during the Summer

Seren

As a newbie RV'er and soon to be fulltimer (T-minus 9 days and counting), we were going to stay in the Southeast this summer, but with all the bugs, we are having second thougths, so I am curious as to the best places to go during the summer. I will say that reading other post here and other forums that most will say Colorado, Western Oregon/Washington, and maritime Maine, and Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and BC). But what is your favovite town to be around during the summer (and if your willing to give away your secret campsite)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

camr

Our favourite town is Astoria, OR. at the mouth of the Columbia river. Said to be the oldest town west of the Rockies. Fort Stevens state park south of town is wonderful. So many day trips up and down the coast, or just spend a day at the mouth of the river watching freighters go by. Houses in Astoria must be reno'd to period, so you find a beautiful town right out of the 1800's. This was our favourite vacation spot long before we started RV'ing. For any ham radio operators there is a great Hamfest at Seaside just south of Astoria called Seapac in early June. Largest Hamfest in the northwest.

danemayer

- summer highs around 70
- low humidity
- no bugs
- incredibly beautiful scenery
- resort town(s) with lots of activities and tons of great restaurants
- great RV resort facility

We'll be at Tiger Run Resort in Breckenridge, CO

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We love Durango, Colorado. Not too "resorty" of a town, but lots to do.

Biking, fishing, rafting, jeeping, hiking, scenic railway, etc.

We like to stay at Durango Riverside Resort, nice amenities and right on the animas river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rrloren

There are so many to chose. Personally I'd stay away from the big Nat'l Parks due to the crowds.
I'd prefer the coast of Maine altho some places can get crowded. The Northern area of Michican is great especially around Cherry season early July.Also can get crowded depending on how remote you get.
NW Mt. is beautiful and the ride there is great also. The LoLo Nat'l forest West of Kalispell , has free camping sites many right on the Thompson river if you like remote camping with a generator. This is a wilderness area altho with a generator and satellite dish you can have all the comforts.
Tough to chose. good luck and travel safe.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Come on back to TN. Lots to due and not too far from your home base.

Seren

Come on back to TN. Lots to due and not too far from your home base.

That's what we were planning. Actually, since we got a few free nights at Pigeon Forge we will be bringing our granddaughter with us in July, then stay at a few of the Thousand Trails sites since we also got a free year membership with our RV purchase. However, with the bugs and heat down here in Florida, that if we do not head to someplace more hospitable this year, then for sure next year it will probably be the Rockies or West Coast, although feasting on lobster is always a possiblity too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gasman

Camp Socializer
We just spent 10 days outside Coeur d' Alene, Idaho at the Kahnderosa Campground. The campground is right on the Coeur d' Alene River and right on the 75 mile paved bike trail. I'm not sure you could ever find a more beautiful area to stay in. The trail runs along the river and the lake and through the pines and through a few small towns. There is also the Hiawatha Bike Trail nearby. You can hike, bike, golf, float the river, kayak, canoe, explore, sightsee... The oldest structure in Idaho is 1 mile away. The oldest town in Idaho is about 15 miles away. There is so much to do here, you could spend the whole summer and never want to leave.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mike,
We may go northwest next summer between Utah Rallies, to Oregon, Washington and Idaho.
We have one grandson near Spokane. I may just have to check out your suggestion of Coeur d' Alene. It sounds nice. We also have a few friends near there. Trace