Converter location

rickbuell

I own a 2012 cyclone 2812 and i have all 12v power but no 110 at all I cant find the converter behind the basement wall anywhere. I have removed the wall itself and cant find it anywhere. Please help if you can tell me exactly where its at. This camper has been nothing but trouble from day 1 and I am very frustrated. From cracked water tanks to leaking sewer lines it has been nothing but trouble from day 1. Now this!!! :(:(:(

jimtoo

Hi rickbuell,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Are you sure you have 120v power to the unit? Check breakers on the circuit your plugging into. Have you checked the circuit breakers on the a/c panel in the Cyclone? If so did you reset them,,, they sometimes look like they are not tripped. Do you have generator prep, and if so have you checked the connections at the transfer switch?

I'm sure you will get some more info from other Cyclone owners soon.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi rickbuell,

The converter changes 110V AC into 12V DC. If the 12V DC system is ok, but you're missing the 110V AC, you don't need to look for the converter.

As Jim suggested, you should check the 110V power, starting at the campground pedestal. Also check the connection to the trailer. Check the 110V circuit breakers. If everything looks ok, try the generator to see if you get 110V that way

Let us know what you find.

mbopp

My "quick check" for AC power is to look at the microwave oven - if the display is on, I have power.

scottyb

Do you have a generator or generator prep? If so, after checking the obvious like the pedestal and the breakers, check your transfer switch. You should have seen it behind the basement wall (galvanized metal box). Check to see if you have 110 on both legs, red to white and black to white, on both sides of the switch.

Tulsamike

On my 5th wheel, i searched for 2 hours for mine, and finally found it under the stairs to the bedroom. Have to take the front of the stairs apart (a few screws in the carpet) and it is there - can't see it from any angle. Plugs in the back of your service panel (another impossible to reach place).
Best,
Tulsa Mike

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I recommend moving your converter to a more accessible location, away from any plumbing joints and leftover construction debris. The cooling fan will thank you.

rdsipes

Similar troubles locating converter on a 2012 Cyclone HD 3800. Shore power works but converter does not recharge the batteries. Using standard battery charger from autoparts store or Walmart plugged into shore power to keep batteries chargrd. Converter is located in the passenger side front storage compartment. A carpeted panel where the cable TV coaxial connection are covers the converter. 4 philips screws removes the panelland the converter is mounted behind the panel. Three 30amp plugin/wafer style fuses may have been blown. In my case the fuses are fine and the 110V powercord the supplies AC power to the converter has current flowing. All connections are pushing 13.2VDC in the generator compartment after batteries are charged, therefore 12VDC side of converter is blown. Replace Progressive Dynamics Model PD-9280 Intelli-Power. www.progressivedyn.com

good luck !!
-Randy

branson4020

Icantre Member
Similar troubles locating converter on a 2012 Cyclone HD 3800. Shore power works but converter does not recharge the batteries. Using standard battery charger from autoparts store or Walmart plugged into shore power to keep batteries chargrd. Converter is located in the passenger side front storage compartment. A carpeted panel where the cable TV coaxial connection are covers the converter. 4 philips screws removes the panelland the converter is mounted behind the panel. Three 30amp plugin/wafer style fuses may have been blown. In my case the fuses are fine and the 110V powercord the supplies AC power to the converter has current flowing. All connections are pushing 13.2VDC in the generator compartment after batteries are charged, therefore 12VDC side of converter is blown. Replace Progressive Dynamics Model PD-9280 Intelli-Power. www.progressivedyn.com

good luck !!
-Randy

Not necessarily, did you check the 12V DC breaker in the battery compartment?