3650BH ceiling fan install location

Tallyrver

The DW said she wants a ceiling fan in the kitchen and maybe in the back room ,the first one is the kitchen. Anyone out there have a fan installed ? Pictures would be great.

in the last three months I've installed a washer and dryer, JT strong arms, dual landing gear motor kit ,and this week a Mor/Ryde pin box. I figure a fan is going to be a piece of cake.

Wayne

wdk450

I replaced the existing fan in my Bighorn which was mounted in a recessed cavity in the living room ceiling. I decided to reenfoce the 2x4 mounting screws with more screws. I guess I didn't take the recessed section into account, and found a screw going through the roof when I was up on the roof a couple of days later.

jimtoo

I have tweeked the blades,,, gave them more pitch,, added about 3/4" insulator and that lowered the fan as far a possiable,,including replacing the fan,, but nothing has really helped much. The tweeking of the blades did more help than anything. I recently saw by accident a fan ad at Lowe's ( but I'm sure all the big box stores will have them) this fan that mounts on the ceiling. I will be going to town sometime in this week and plan on checking it out to see if it will move the air. Kinda expensive, but if it works good, might be worth it if it can move some air without to much noise.
Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The biggest problem will be getting 120V volts to the fans. The next thing would be making sure that you can bring in the slides without hitting the fan blades.

priorguy

I suggest you try installing it with the slides in. At least picking your spot. That way you won't have to move it or cover a hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested in doing the same. The main area and the back room would be great places for a fan. Please let us know how it went...also what model you used.

Dustin

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Instead of mounting a ceiling fan why not do what we do. We have a vertical free standing fan that moves lots of air and works great. It does not take up much room and we can move it from room to room if needed or take it out.

I have had my unit for about 2 weeks and my old unit (Jayco Eagle) had a fan already installed. I have a place on my electrical panel that says ceiling fan and when uncovering the blank switch plate, I discovered there is wiring there. Does anyone know where it leads to in the ceiling? A schematic would be great. I want to mount a fan in my new 2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BHS.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
meyerc, most likely in the lounge area. Call HL service with your VIN# handy and ask them.