Oops :(

yport

Just had my first oops on my 2014 Big Horn and need suggestions. Pulling out of a driveway I barely caught a limp on the rubber roof where it overlaps the roof and comes down the side a few inches. It is on the downward side and it's barely an inch long. It is now a "flap" of thin rubber.

I am imagining that I must place some kind of glue under the flap and lay the flap down ... then maybe tape it to hold in place while glue dries?

Am I on the right track? Adhesive to use?

Thanks for your assistance here ... what a bummer !! :(

Glenn

dbbls59

I would patch it like Dan says. I feel your pain. The same thing happen to me a few years ago with my SOB. I put a Dicor patch on it and it was still doing well when I traded it 8 years later.

yport

Aahh .. thanks guys for easing my pain. Will order up a Dicor Patchit kit. Now I just wish it was on the top instead of the overlapping visible side!!

Again ... thanks

pegmikef

Glen, I would use Eternabond. I use it on school roofs to repair small holes. Best stuff out there.

If you use Eternabond, make sure the surface is super clean! I used it on the edge of my North Trail and it blended in pretty well and was not very noticeable since it is white.