Another GT2.0 no video thread.

tizzy

New to rving; new to the board. I'm hoping to learn a lot here, it seems like a great place to hang out. Now to my problem. We have the Genesis GT 2.0 in our TT. Everything worked great until I tried to adjust the inputs in the setup menu. And, you guessed it... No DVD video just sound. I can't see the setup menu to switch it back. Can anyone PLEASE help me? I really need it. Or, point me in the right direction? I saw a thread a couple years back and a gentleman was emailing a file to fix this. Is he still around? Thanks in advance, Jim

danemayer

Hi tizzy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As you've no doubt already seen, there's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.
Everything worked great until I tried to adjust the inputs in the setup menu.
I assume you mean you were adjusting the menu and changed the video settings for the GT 2.0, not the TV's settings. Also that the DVD played ok before you changed the settings.

I'm not positive, but I think the GT 2.0 uses standard AVI cabling, so that may correspond to the "TV-RGB" setting on the GT 2.0 video menu.

tizzy

Yes, the settings on the GT, not the tv. I think I changed it from s video to interlace, and now it won't show the DVD video, but I still have sound. Bummed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

You might try the factory default reset:

FACTORY DEFAULT RESTART

Press and hold MODE button for 10 seconds - Unit will shut off.
Restart unit by pressing the ON button. Factory defaults will be
reset with this type of restart

tizzy

I tried the factory reset by holding down the mode button for 10 seconds. It didn't help. However, looking at an online manual I was able to blindly run through the menu and use the default > restore option and GET MY VIDEO BACK ! Then, I took a short video of the menus with my phone so I can fix it again, if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk