New Kid on the Block

Wild Bill

Dedicated Bighorner
Greetings all! My name is Bill (obviously). I just joined up with the forum and I just wanted to introduce myself and share a bit about me with you all.

I'm 42 and recently divorced after 24 years of marriage. The Ex decided she was in a rut and I was no longer in her plans for the future. Too bad all my plans included her. I have two great sons, Andrew 19, and Robert 23. Anyway, sold our house in Cali and I am now following my dreams on my own. I took some of the money from the sale of my house and purchased a new 07 Bighorn 3670RL and have moved to Oregon, where I have family and a place to park :rolleyes:. I had planned to purchase an RV for a long time and this is my first... and I'm a full timer. Nothing like diving in head first.

I've had a few different jobs through the years. I was a Longshoreman for 16 years and then a QC Technician in the food industry. Never happy in my work I decided to get my Class A and become a Commercial Driver. I've been doing that know for about 1-1/2 years and I am finally happy in my job. There's nothing like being paid to travel the Country and live on the road. I guess I'm no stranger to living the life of a Gypsy now. It's interesting to say the least. I've been to all 48 States and I have to say that some of the most beautiful places are Virginia, Maryland, and I love Montana as well. Of course Oregon is my favorite though. I'm fully endorsed to drive pretty much anything.. except a bus. I have no plans to ever carry a human cargo so I saw no point in getting the endorsement. I also ride and have owned many Motorcycles. Once they get in your blood, your in it for llfe.

I'm a decent handyman. I've built motors from the ground up. Worked on cars pretty much all my life. Have some knowledge of old Fords, primarily Mustangs and Fairlanes. I did some drag racing back in the day too. If anyone needs some advice on that subject I'll do my best to help out. I'm also pretty decent with a computer and have a lot of experience with them. I can help ya out there too.

My hobbies include computers, motorcycles, photography, collecting and restoring antique clocks and collecting Breweriana (Beer stuff).

I hope to get to know some of you and make some friends along the way too. Seems like a great bunch of people here so I think that it won't be too hard.

I guess I'll end this novel here. Drop me an email anytime!

WB

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Welcome to the Heartland family Bill. Sorry to hear of your divorce. Really like your new Bighorn. I am curious though, how well does your 2500HD handle it? I too have a 2002 2500HD and pull a Bighorn 3500RL and it does pretty well. Would like to upgrade to the 3670RL but may hold off a while.
Now that your an owner it would be nice if you could join us for the International Heartland Owner's Rally in Branson. It will be our third year and hopefully we will have an increase in participants. It will be a great time for all and you will meet alot of wonderful people. Many fulltimers to share stories with. Hope you can make it.

Good luck,
Mark

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Bill,
we're having a rally in Redding , March 28-30. We'd love to have you join us if you feel like towing that thing south. Details are under the 2008 NorCal rally. Welcome and hope to see you.

Wild Bill

Dedicated Bighorner
Bill,
we're having a rally in Redding , March 28-30. We'd love to have you join us if you feel like towing that thing south. Details are under the 2008 NorCal rally. Welcome and hope to see you.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I am definitely going to try and make some of these rallies. Sounds like a blast! Redding would be fun and it's not too far south.

... and to address mrcomer's question, my 2500HD had no problems at all except in tow mode the darn thing shifted all the way down to 2nd sending my rpm's up to 4k. I also had some high beams flashed at me a few times :p. The bed dropped enough to send my low beams skyward.. Lol! Seriously though, I had no weight in the trailer at all. The tanks were empty and nothing packed on board. I had a bit of an issue trying to dial in my brake controller. Higher speeds it worked well at one setting but as I slowed to a stop it kept wanting to grab.. and hard! I guess it's just a matter of finding that sweet spot. I have the Prodigy controller and have heard a lot of good things about it.

WB

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the info. I too had a saggy rear end so I put on some Firestone airbags and it really helped alot. I also have a Prodigy brake controller and love it. I still ahve to fine tune it as we drive but it works great.

Mark

BluegrassMan

Hi WildBill:

Welcome aboard, sounds like you are a well rounded guy, and a gearhead at heart. I am myself, I just got done watching 2hrs. of Pinks All OUT, so you know where my head is...Anything with a motor interests me.

Sorry to hear of your divorce, but you can't make someone love you...Remember you meet the nicest people RVing,Biking. The time will be right sometime in the future, when you're ready you'll know. Just wanted to say HI.

Wild Bill

Dedicated Bighorner
Hi WildBill:

Welcome aboard, sounds like you are a well rounded guy, and a gearhead at heart. I am myself, I just got done watching 2hrs. of Pinks All OUT, so you know where my head is...Anything with a motor interests me.

Sorry to hear of your divorce, but you can't make someone love you...Remember you meet the nicest people RVing,Biking. The time will be right sometime in the future, when you're ready you'll know. Just wanted to say HI.

And hello to you! Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome. Hopefully we can meet up sometime at a rally or something. It would be nice to talk to a fellow gearhead :).

sdgirl

Welcome

Hi Bill, Welcome from me too. I just joined this group last month and have already gotten some great advice and found new friends. I think you will find a lot of great people here. I'm new to RV'ing too, but can't go full time,,, yet! Maybe in another 10 years, LOL. Too many bills to pay right now. Hope to see you on the road! Take care.