Is there a warranty on Goodyear G614 tires?

Phatmoose

Looking at replacing the Powermax tires on our Sundance 3000Mk with Goodyear G614s. Two tire dealers told us there is warranties with the G614. Is this true? Should we consider other options such as 80 psi tires? The GVWR of the Sundance is 13500 lb. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

MTPockets

Re: No warranty on Goodyear G614?

You would be happy with the G614's and they do carry a warranty. This is a 110 psi tire, so make sure your wheels have that capacity as well.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Make sure your wheels can handle the 110 psi rating. A rig your size may only have 80 psi rated wheels. You can look on the back of the spokes for a stamp, or call Tredit, the wheel supplier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

I have had GoodYear 614's and they we covered under the warranty by GoodYear when two of them failed. Each time they covered both the damage to the RV and tire replacement.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

I believe the first year is complete replacement and years two through four are pro rated if there is a failure. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997

wdk450

Goodyear has a VERY positive reputation over the years on internet RV forums of honoring warranties and covering tire damage to your rig, although if you examine the warranty statement "officially" subsequent damage is excluded.

5th wheel owners have been paying the premium price over the years for the Goodyears for the increased reliability peace of mind, and knowing that Goodyear has been paying warranty claims.

danemayer

I would take Goodyear's document to those dealers and ask them why they're telling you there's no warranty. Maybe they're not the tire dealer you want to do business with.

donr827

If you have one close to you go to a GY Wingfoot store. They mainly do large trucks and trailers. I had excellent service from the one I used........Don

Jim.Allison

Looking at replacing the Powermax tires on our Sundance 3000Mk with Goodyear G614s. Two tire dealers told us there is warranties with the G614. Is this true? Should we consider other options such as 80 psi tires? The GVWR of the Sundance is 13500 lb. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Goodyear will take care of the G614 customers, Check your wheels/rims the load and pressure ratings are on the back side, I think you will find 3750 and 110 PSI. This is good for the G614. Don't let anyone tell you that Goodyear does not warranty their RV tires. Go to Goodyear RV tires and read their warrantee. The G614 is the only 3750 lb @ 110 psi on the market. It is a LT specifically designed for trailers. There are only a few better tires and you will have to buy new rims for those. IMO.