Backsplash for the North Trail 26LRSS Kitchen

Deborah56

We love our new 2015 North Trail, Caliber Edition. We do wish, however, that it came with a true backsplash. I am wondering if any of you have peeled off the wallpaper border backsplash. We want to just go to the bottom of the window frame along that wall, and the adjoing wall next to the stove. It is an ideal height, we think. At this height, however, we would not cover all the area of the wallpaper border backsplash...that's why it's important to us to be able to peel it off without damage.

I've seen the posts about the beautiful tin backsplash, but want to go another direction. We'd like to do a peel and stick HGTV-style backsplash...small square or rectangular glass or plastic tiles. I don't want to start peeling and not be able to have it come off easily. I am hoping some of you can help me with this concern. Hope this makes sense. Thanks much, in advance!

Garypowell

Don't know your model but on my Bighorn just put the glass tiles right over the wallboard. I don't think we had boarder in that area.

If you do have boarder I would think it thin enough to just go over. But if you are never going back you can peal off what you can. Not exactly proud but there are a few messy spots behind mods I have done but you'll never see them.

I used the sheets that are tacky on both sides to put up my backsplash. Worked great.

Stargazer

Hi Deb and Bob!!

I have the same model as you, one year older, and have installed thin glass tiles around stove, behind sink and in the bathroom. I did not remove the faux backsplash, did not need to, and simply applied some thinset, grouted and there it stuck without any issues! Don't be afraid to make it your own!!

:)

jnv

We completely removed the "contact type" backsplash wallpaper that was installed above our counter top and stove area. Removing it did not do any damage to the wall board. It did leave a sticky type residue on the wall which can be cleaned with a "goo gone" type of product.

wyndysweep

May I ask what type of hitch you pull with and do you have any problem with sway on the highways? Thanks in advance.