RV shipping companies

ash

Hello All,

Long story short I was full timing in my Sundance 2900MK fifth wheel on the West coast. Work has since moved me to the east coast, was supposed to be temporary so I left my camper in storage. Now I'm here permanently and don't have the 2+ weeks vacation it would take to drive out and tow it back. I've put it up for sale, but I'm missing it desperately and would love to be back in it.

My question is I've come across a few companies that say they will ship/tow the camper for you. Haven't gotten any quotes just yet, but I was wondering if anyone has ever had any experiences with companies out there that do this? Any advice or recommendations? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Ashley

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I would do a Google search for RV transporters and call one of them to see if one of their drivers would do a back haul from the west coast to your new home. That way a driver could make some money on the return trip instead of coming back empty. There are several companies to choose from.

priorguy

Try uShip. There's a docu-drama (reality show) about some drivers on A&E. This leaves me wondering what happened to the "Arts" part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kbvols

I agree with Jay. Perhaps they could have them take it to Indiana then pick it up from there depending where you are at on the east coast would cut time down and save money vs a haul from coast to coast.

DuaneG

The other responses are right on. Find an rv dealer near where the rv is and ask them who transports to their location from the factory and they do like to make money on return trip to factory so it may work out for you.

wdk450

I would Google "RV Transport Elkhart, Indiana". You have never seen so many dually diesels running around as you do there. I'm sure some of them transporting to the West Coast would LOVE a return load.