Thule Smart RV

medic9016

I recently seen the Thule Smart Rv system at the Mid south RV expo. There is a factory installed unit for the rear of the trailer for a bike rack or ladder, that is not on their web site. This would be great for the North Trail line. Any thought of anything like this for Heartland units.

jfrench

That would be great but dutchman has a deal with them and the only ones at this time that can use that system.

truknutt

Committed Member
RVTV (on the Outdoor Network) had a segment on the Thule system on the other evening and a Dutchman Rep explained that they install some sort of aluminum backing plate for rigidity while building the trailer.

Camping World sells the Thule System accessories as an aftermarket item, though.

Thule link

campntn

That is an awesome system. I am looking at it for a table next to the front door. That is ONE thing that I will sorely miss about our Outback. First thing I did was flip that built in cook center down and I had a work area to setup the trailer out of. I mean, the reality is that when you camp you are in and out of the door a lot and always have something in your hand. That work area was used 110% of the time: drinks, radio, snacks, flashlights, bug spray, u name it and it landed right there on that table going into the trailer.
I've seen the pods that attach and even though I'm not fond of holes drilled into my trailer, I'm going to seriously consider the table system. Keep the table stored inside the door; back in, open the door, bring out the table, pop into the pods, bada bing...let the setup begin.
I believe since the roof is so stable, I might consider one for a ladder as well.
Good mention of that little addon. I hope to see some next week at our RV show here.....