need advice on ESC company, Cornerstone, good/bad? Thanks

edsnewbie

Just purchased a new 2014 North Trail 22RBK. An ESC for 7 years was $1798.00, $100.00 deductable per occurance. I am concerned with some of the exclusions. It state they can deny claims if the RV is used "excessively", doesn't state what excessive means. States manufacturer scheduled maintainece record must maintained and produced on demand or claim can be denied. Says they have the right to have one of their reps inspect broken parts, I guess while I'm left to wait in some motel or something? Doesn't say whether it is heartland scheduled maintainace or individual systems, refrig., HVAC, etc...that need to be maintained. Dealer says warranty is good at any service center in US and Canada but can't supply list. Also, dealer can't supply list of required maintainance. The ESC company is Cornerstone United based out of Hickory, NC. Has anyone had to deal with them? I really want towing coverage, at a minimum, but Geico doesn't offer it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Run as fast as you can from this. Most of these warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. To get any coverage on anything....you have to be "eating a peanut butter sandwich and stepped on by an elephant" to get anything repaired. Dont ever buy a sealant package. You have a 1 year warranty from HL. Read all the appliance, WH, A/C, etc etc warranties. Most of the time they are more than 1 year. After your 1 year is up, look at the Good Sam warranties. Good Sam also has a great roadside assistance plan at about a $100 a year. If you check real close ...most insurance companies will not tow both vehicles if your TV breaks down. Good Sam will....I know that GMAC and Allstate won't.

GOTTOYS

What makes you think you will need a service contract? If anything wait until your standard warranty is up then decide...Then if you MUST have one look at the Good Sam products. At least you have heard of them. With all their red tape I doubt that this company has ever paid out a claim. Run as fast as you can. You can get towing insurance from a lot of places. I have mine through Good Sam although I've never used it in 25,000 miles of towing...Don