ATF: North Trail - Wallpaper in the kitchen counter area

Deborah56

If I wanted to remove the wallpaper border that is the kitchen backsplash in our new North Trail, would I find the beige wall covering underneath like that on the rest of the walls? In other words, is the border on top of the wall covering? I am thinking of putting in a tiled backsplash, and want to go to the bottom of the kitchen window. This would mean I would have to take off some of that wallpaper border. If there is the wall covering underneath it will make an easy job for me. If there is not, I would need to cut tile, etc. to fit around the window.

I hope this makes sense. I appreciate your time in responding to my question.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You can tile right over the border. I did and you can't tell it was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can tile right over the border. I did and you can't tell it was there.

I did the same. Did not want to risk messing up something. I used Smart Tile: http://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/

It's adhesive backed, much like working with a large sticker. Easy to cut and looks like glass tile.

Here's a pic, not my rig but the same pattern.
e4upapu3.jpg

Rogue9

I had the dealer remove the wallpaper border as part of my order. I plan on installing glass tile in it's place. Since I have the solid surface counter top, figured might as well go with the real glass/ceramic tile. The smart tiles do look good though and would definitely be easier to install.

jimtoo

In case you have not shopped for the glass tile yet, if you look at the big box store, Homedepot.,Lowes ,, where ever.. they make the glass tile in a very thin version also. Like 1/8" thick or close to that. Easy to work with and don't add all the weight.

Mizmary

The tile looks beautiful. I'll put this in my "mommy-do-list" for next year. is the smart tile safe to use near the range?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The tile looks beautiful. I'll put this in my "mommy-do-list" for next year. is the smart tile safe to use near the range?

From their website: Its clear gel component called Gel-O gives the 3D effect and it’s resemblance to the glass mosaic. They install in minutes free of dirt and dust and without specialized tools. Specifically designed for the kitchen and bathroom, they are resistant to heat and moisture.