ATF: North Trail - How do I Remove the Window Screens?

My trailer is a 2013 North Trail 22FBS Caliber Edition

I'm trying to figure out how to clean the insides of the windows and it appears I need to remove the window screens to do this.

Best I can tell the windows themselves are just smoked single-pane glass. Nothing extraordinary.

So far I haven't found a direction to shift them to get enough play like I would with my screens in the Sticks and Bricks. Am I just missing the right touch? Could the springs just be stiff from lack of use?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Chris

Rogue9

I haven't tried all of my windows but I know I have been able to slide the screen on the dinette window and the couch window.

Thanks for the reply Rogue9 - I know I can slide the kitchen screen, but I can't close that window with the screen open. So I still have the same challenge in how do I clean the inside of the windows.

One of the other ATF threads had a link to a manual for a common RV window manufacturer. Unfortunately I don't think I have that brand in my TT. So I'm still looking for a solution.

Best regards,
Chris

ATF: North Trail - ATF: Does The Factory Respond to Posts Here?

All I'm seeing are posts from fellow forum members, does Heartland ever respond to posts in this section of the site?

For something like my question about getting the window screens out, it is a more efficient use of time if answered via forum. Plus the answer becomes searchable.

Otherwise I'm stuck with trying to call them and interrupt somebody during their business day.

Best regards,
Chris

jimtoo

Re: ATF: North Trail - ATF: Does The Factory Respond to Posts Here?

You should be able to push the screen up or down enough to remove it. It should have springs on one side that hold it in place.

I also merged your post with the old thread you started.

olcoon

Yes they do read the forum, and will answer questions about issues, I've had them do it, and not only did they respond to my post, but they also called me! However, they don't answer every ATF post. I would go ahead & call them, that's why they have someone sitting at a telephone. Make sure you have your VIN handy, as they'll ask for it.

chiefaret

You should be able to push the screen up or down enough to remove it. It should have springs on one side that hold it in place.

I also merged your post with the old thread you started.

I am having the same problem, but did not see an answer that worked. I can move the screen one way, but not enough to get the lip out. I am afraid to pry with a screwdriver as I don't want to bend them. Any suggestions, getting frustrated with dirty windows.

Chrisp304

I've actually found that carefully bending the plastic channels is the only way to remove the screen. They seem to bend right back to their original shape with no ill effects.