Gotta love RVing

whp4262

So I left Fort Worth Tuesday on a 2 1/2 week road trip. Wednesday I found out the TST 507RV TPMS system worked when I picked up some road FOD in the right rear tire of the TH. So I changed the tire on the road and made it the rest of the way to Phoenix where I have a couple days of work before my vacation actually starts. Thursday I found a discount tire after I was done working and had the tire repaired. Put the tire back on the camper, put everything away and decided a nice cold beer would be good. Went to the fridge for that cold beer and it was 55 degrees and getting hotter. Freezer is still cold but the lower fridge is not. So guess I'll be shopping for a new Norcold fridge. Never liked Dometic anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi whp4262,

If the freezer is staying at its normal temp, but the refrigerator compartment is warm, the cooling unit is working. You probably have an air leak, either because the door flap is binding, or the seals are not sealing, or airflow inside is restricted.

Our owner-written Dometic RM1350 Troubleshooting Flowchart may help you (even if not a 1350).

whp4262

Hi whp4262,

If the freezer is staying at its normal temp, but the refrigerator compartment is warm, the cooling unit is working. You probably have an air leak, either because the door flap is binding, or the seals are not sealing, or airflow inside is restricted.

Our owner-written Dometic RM1350 Troubleshooting Flowchart may help you (even if not a 1350).

Thanks danemayer, the temp in the freezer is what the lower fridge should be. Been to busy to look at it closer but will have some time after today.

wdk450

I don't know how you are fixed for time/money, but you might want to consider a new cooling unit from RV Cooling unit warehouse ( http://rvcoolingunit.com ). They are built to a higher standard than the originals, both in tubing thickness and chemical mixtures. Read the descriptions on their website. There are YouTube videos on lots of RV refrigerator models, on how to replace the cooling unit.
The are built by Amish primarily for Amish dairy farmers who are off the grid.

whp4262

I don't know how you are fixed for time/money, but you might want to consider a new cooling unit from RV Cooling unit warehouse ( http://rvcoolingunit.com ). They are built to a higher standard than the originals, both in tubing thickness and chemical mixtures. Read the descriptions on their website. There are YouTube videos on lots of RV refrigerator models, on how to replace the cooling unit.
The are built by Amish primarily for Amish dairy farmers who are off the grid.

Thanks wdk450, I replaced the cooling unit in my last 5th wheel and I think I bought it from the place you suggested. It wasn't hard to change out and was still working when I sold the camper. I'm leaving Phoenix this morning for San Diego so I'll deal with it when I get there. Think I will probably buy a new Norcold like the one I put in my motorhome, never liked Dometic that much.

whp4262

Well finally had a chance to look at the fridge and found the fan in the back that blows over the coils burnt out. Replaced the fan and got out of the Phoenix heat. Seems to be working ok now so guess I'll spend money on the Jensen 32" TV that quit working instead of a new fridge.

caissiel

Gave ours away and replaced it with an LED bigger and much better.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Gave ours away and replaced it with an LED bigger and much better.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using Tapatalk

X2. Got a Visio, about half the weight, with a bigger screen that still fit in the same cabinet frame. Better picture and sound, too.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought two Vizio LED flat screens at Walmart for our trailer for less than what Camping World was asking for one of those Jensen TV's.

They have a much better picture, too!

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

JohnD

I just bought a JackTV antenna today at Camping World . . .

Have to wait until tomorrow to install it as we had thunderstorms all evening.

wdk450

I had a fairly new Vizio 3D TV at home when I cleared out my house to move out. I removed the Olevia TV from the Bighorn (no longer supported), and installed the Vizio. I had to remove 1 piece of wood trim at the top of the TV space, otherwise the install was pretty straightforward. I think I paid about $350 at Walmart for the Vizio last year.

Maybe someday I will watch something in 3D on this TV. At the time I bought it, 3D over-the-air broadcasting was assured to be coming soon. I guess I have to buy a blueray DVD player to use the 3D function.

JohnD

Seems like this thread started as a refrigerator thread and has turned into a television thread.

Well, the refrigerator keeps our beers cold for when we are watching our flat screen TV's!

So I guess the two kinda' go together . . . :eek: