Jensen MS5006W Outdoor Speakers

rlkubi

We have the above speakers on our North Trail 31RLSS travel trailer. It is a 2010 and the one speaker has blown twice. Looking for a replacement that will fit in the space and four holes provided so we don't have to drill more. Any recommendations? From what I'm seeing Jensen is not recommended. Thank you for your thoughts!

bsuds

I just replaced the speakers on my 2011 3250 Big Country with Pyle PLMR51W speakers that I purchase on Ebay from VMInnovations. I had to cut the holes a bit bigger but it was pretty easy with a skill saw and made a template to mark the size of the holes. Took me about an hour to do both speakers. They are only 1 1/2 " in depth so fit quite well.
I just did this yesterday so we will see how they hold up. The price was right as well and only cost me about $30 including shipping to Canada. Would have cost me $100 here for something similar.

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My outside Jensens are junk as well, so I will follow this topic thread with interest..

One was already blown when I bought the Trail Runner . . . had it replaced last fall under warranty . . . first use as I was sitting under the awning enjoying a cold Redd's Apple Ale with the radio playing at a very low volume . . . after about 10 minutes (and 3/4's of the Redd's Apple Ale :p ), one of those Jensen's started buzzing so bad that I couldn't stand to listen to it anymore!

I have already replaced the inside speakers with better ones, so I turned off the outside speakers and turned up the inside speakers so I could hear the radio outside, then went back to my lazy chair . . . and another Redd's!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Anthallen and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. A great place to be.
It looks like Bsuds mentioned in post #2 of this threat that he replaced his with the Pyle PLMR51W speakers.
HERE IS A LINK to some on ebay.

Peace
Dave

anthallen

Hello Anthallen and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. A great place to be.
It looks like Bsuds mentioned in post #2 of this threat that he replaced his with the Pyle PLMR51W speakers.
HERE IS A LINK to some on ebay.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave. For some reason the thread display is messed up where the posts are out of order and I missed the one mentioning the Pyle speakers.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bass Pro Shop has several reasonably priced marine grade speakers.
I purchased a pair of Kenwood 6" boat speakers for around $60. Had to enlarge the cutouts with a RotoZip. Quality and sound is 200% better than the factory speakers. A huge upgrade and well worth it. Trace

teasac69

Took delivery of 3875FB on 10-11-14 and one speaker is already blown and only used it once that I know of while cleaning on the trailer first time. Buzzing last night when I tried to use it and upon further inspection for some foreign material, discovered about 1.5" of the black felt material is missing on the lower rim. Certainly not heavy metal music. I always thought Jensen's were good back in the day but obviously not now. I'm not nuts about enlarging the holes in this new rig so I'm going to be looking for perfect fit. Disappointed with the failure but not worth driving it back to the dealer to get this done. I'm too going to watch this thread to see where it goes. :(

Heartland is handling my Inverter replacement direct with me, do they ever handle something like this in warranty and mail to owner?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm thinking of taking my trailer to Car Toys and having them install a complete sound system, including new outside speakers.