Preparing to Fulltime with Infant Questions

Hello! My husband and I will be moving into our new home our 2012 Big Country 3690SL with our 7 month old son and our dog and I have a few questions so far that I'm hoping to find help with!

1. What high chair options have been successful for you?
2. Have baby gates been helpful in such a small space? Why/why not? If so, what kind?
3. We unfortunately don't have a tub in our RV so as of now plan to use an inflatable tub in the shower for him, any better ideas for this? (Currently he gets about 1-2 baths per week.)
4. I plan to have his area be on one of the 2 sides of the living room (left side if you're facing the rear end of our model) and am looking for advice on how to best organize this space for him/make it work. He LOVES his bouncer still and I would love to make that work still, but it takes up so much space. Any help there?
5. We co-sleep and would like to start out by replacing the king mattress in the bedroom with our queen mattress and attaching our mini co-sleeper to the side of it (measured, it will fit). However, ultimately we would like to buy or build something that we can use his full sized mattress next to our bed and have it be perfectly level with our mattress. Any ideas here?
6. We use cloth diapers, and will be purchasing a W/D for our RV. We are not sure whether we should get a stackable or all in one. Also wondering about success using a diaper sprayer?

Thanks so much in advanced! :)
-Nicole & Family

jimtoo

Hi Nicole and family,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some suggestions from some of our other family members soon.

Please think of joining us in the Heartland Owners Club and attending some rallies when you can.

Jim M

Pizzadigger

Don't use those cloth diapers... wasting water and time washing diapers..... we grow trees , lots of them, to make diapers. We don't make clean fresh water....

Mizmary

We full time currently and have spent months moving around in or RV with kids from age 6 months all the way up to 7 years. (We have been full time for two years, our eldest is seven, but every military move with kids has been done with an RV, often spending months on either end living in the RV awaiting housing, etc.)

We ended up buying a toy hauler to haul all of the Legos we need to bring with us. Oh, and the kids too.

1. We used one of these http://m.target.com/p/fisher-price-...sku=11037106&gclid=CLfS9ar9_L4CFZFufgodZFsAKw with our kids in the RV. It attaches to your existing chair. I loved ours tons. Just make sure to strap it very well when putting it on the chair.

2. We used a clear baby gate on the front door to keep the kids in. It required moving the fire extinguisher, but it was better than the bumps and bruises you get when falling head over heels on those metal steps.

3. I had friends who just used a large plastic bath. I think I would get something like this. Collapsable means perfect for an RV! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004NRNSNC/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

4. When we had babies we removed one of the recliner chairs to make room for their toys/bouncer seat. For toy organization, I just bought a "trofast" toy storage for our daughter and I love it!

5. No answer, other than adding foam under the mattress.

6. If I were washing diapers in addition to the other clothes I wash I would probably want a stackable because you can get more loads completed in a day.

ramdually4100king

2. We used a clear baby gate on the front door to keep the kids in. It required moving the fire extinguisher, but it was better than the bumps and bruises you get when falling head over heels on those metal steps.

The gate we used was from home depot. Make sure it is larger then the door and secure it to the wall on both sides. That way jr. can't push or pull the gate open. Learn this the hard way before relocating the fire extinguisher and screwing the gate into the frame.