RW 310: New member introduction & question regarding securing the washer/dryer in the garage...

Remeron

Hi everyone,

I would like to start off by introducing myself. We recently purchased a brand new 2013 Road Warrior 310 last Fall. This is our first experience having a Heartland product. We previously had a 2004 Jayco Jayflight 29BHS. My wife and I have already completed 4 weeks of camping with the new trailer over the past 6 months and are thoroughly happy with our purchase.

Since purchasing the RW310, we have been pondering on and off about the idea of purchasing a washer/dryer combo for our rig as we are out on the road with at least one 30 consecutive day trip each year. Bearing that we have two young children, the concept of making trips to the local laundromats became unreasonable and such a waste of valuable time that could be better spent enjoying the camp sites and it's offerings. We chose the ventless LG 4.2 cubic foot washer/dryer combo in lieu of the traditional smaller units available specifically for RV's (splendid, etc).

Long story short, we are wondering if someone or a Heartland Rep could chime in on what would be the best way of safely anchoring the unit? Our unit came with the washer/dryer prep in the garage in lieu of the master bedroom. I did notice that there is a floor anchor directly below where the unit sits. Would it be best to use a wired cable and attach it to the bottom side of the unit with some slack? Alternatively, does anyone know of a kit which anchors it to the wall? The unit weighs about 200 lbs and my fear is that it may walk itself around the back garage when it is being towed.

Many thanks for your input!

danemayer

Hi Remeron,

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here so I'm pretty sure it won't be long before you get some advice on anchoring the washer/dryer.

ILH

Be sure to post some pictures - not only of how it looks when finished, but any work done along the way.

porthole

Retired
I would skip the idea of trying to anchor to the all. There really is not much there to secure too.
On the other hand, the floor is 1" of plywood. That should be more then secure.

Mizmary

There are foot anchors made for the splendide that may work. I can't find the link but any rv parts store should know what you need and show them to you. They are just metal brackets. You unscrew the front legs from the machine, slip them through a hole in the bracket then screw them back on. Then the bracket is screwed to the floor.