LED bulbs under awning going out

hoefler

With out seeing it, but most LED strips are replaced as a unit, you can not simply replace a bad one.

stevenssr

My LEDs were coming off the RV in places and had some lights out like yours. I just took it in for warranty and they replaced the whole strip for me. I found out some units have LED's that have a backing plate that has to be replaced with the light strip. Of course, some don't. Since you have a 2014 model, I recommend taking it in for some warranty work, some time before the warranty expires. If you want to tackle it yourself, you could call Heartland.
Thanks,
Scott

Miltp920

We also have LED lights out in both awnings on 2014 Cyclone. RV dealer said if I send pictures, they can mail them to me. Easy to change. Has anyone changed the LED strip style in awning roller?

My LEDs were coming off the RV in places and had some lights out like yours. I just took it in for warranty and they replaced the whole strip for me. I found out some units have LED's that have a backing plate that has to be replaced with the light strip. Of course, some don't. Since you have a 2014 model, I recommend taking it in for some warranty work, some time before the warranty expires. If you want to tackle it yourself, you could call Heartland.
Thanks,
Scott

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We also have LED lights out in both awnings on 2014 Cyclone. RV dealer said if I send pictures, they can mail them to me. Easy to change. Has anyone changed the LED strip style in awning roller?

Miltp920, I would be very interested in what you find out. I also have several lites that have burned out and the whole strip seems to be a lot dimmer now. I'd like to change mine out if it's not too hard or I can take it to my dealer and have him do it, if it's any thing the least bit difficult (I'm all thumbs and a real klutz when in comes to working on my camper.

Miltp920

18312-2.jpg

The big awning with more lights out went dim this weekend. The smaller awning only has a light or two out. Petes RV told me remove two screws and disconnect wiring quick connect, slide old LED string out, reverse with new LED. I Will post pics when I make repair, as many of us will need to do this multiple times IF this is a quality issue.

Miltp920, I would be very interested in what you find out. I also have several lites that have burned out and the whole strip seems to be a lot dimmer now. I'd like to change mine out if it's not too hard or I can take it to my dealer and have him do it, if it's any thing the least bit difficult (I'm all thumbs and a real klutz when in comes to working on my camper.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Great. Thanks. Pictures would be greatly appreciated as well as how "easy" you thought it was

Boozecamp

I called my dealer yesterday and they said just take picture of light strip, and provide awning brand and they'd ship me a new set. I'd be pretty disappointed if the lifespan on these lights are 10 months. That's how old my 5'er is.

GWRam

My LED strip is factory mounted under awning roll on side of unit. Groups of light sections going out. Heartland said its easy and quick swap out. Since I don't deal with my dealer anymore I asked them to ship to me. They shipped a set out on friday to me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrRvGypsy

Has anyone's awning LED strip lighting gone cockeyed? the channel holding the strip has warped into a crooked wavy line on our front awning. The strip on our slideout awning is staying straight but the other one has got very crooked and wavy.

Miltp920

Dealer wanted me to take more pics of label on roller. Carefree awning of Colorado and P/N S/N, so they sent right LED strip. There is an easy to connect -disconnect wire harness. We will see how easy it is soon.

Greengas

Has anyone's awning LED strip lighting gone cockeyed? the channel holding the strip has warped into a crooked wavy line on our front awning. The strip on our slideout awning is staying straight but the other one has got very crooked and wavy.

Is the LED strip on the long, 20' awning? And does your awning have the metal cover on it? I'm asking because I ran into an LED problem on my 20' awning and lets just say nothing is as easy as it appears.

MrRvGypsy

Is the LED strip on the long, 20' awning? And does your awning have the metal cover on it? I'm asking because I ran into an LED problem on my 20' awning and lets just say nothing is as easy as it appears.

Yes and Yes. The channel appears to be in integral part of the awning material and I se no way the channel can be changed for a straight on with replacing the entire awning material. Is that what you found to be the case?

Greengas

Yes and Yes. The channel appears to be in integral part of the awning material and I se no way the channel can be changed for a straight on with replacing the entire awning material. Is that what you found to be the case?
Yes. It is part of the overall unit not just a slide in. But domestic does have replacement units available so have it repaired undercwarranty and. You should get the correct replacement part installed.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders

Yes, ours is doing the same thing under the main awning. And like yours, the strip under the side out awning is still straight. I have taken pictures but have not had time to contact Heartland yet.