Happy to be here...

truknutt

Committed Member
To any of the Moderators,

As I attempted to submit a reply to a posting today, a notice appeared informing me (and I paraphrase here) that a Moderator would have to check my submission prior to it being posted.

I saw this same message on my first and second forum postings when I was a NUG (New Unknown Guy) and I understood that.

My question now is, "Did I commit some infraction of the rules that requires my postings to first be reviewed or is this a security measure in reponse to the "Jeanette" spam that we all received last week?"

I was just wondering as I hadn't been notified that I was a Bad Boy.

Dave G.

linuxkidd

Morning Truknutt,
I approved your earlier post. It had nothing to do with the content, but that it was posted in one of the 'Ask the Factory' sections of the forum. Those sections are always moderated since Heartland gets notice when things are posted there. This prevents them from being bothered by threads posted in that section incorrectly. ( Note: This doesn't happen very often, it's more of a courtesy from our end to the factory. )

Hope this helps, and Keep a post'n!
LK

P.S. Please don't take it as a sign that you did something wrong.. It's uncommon that someone blatantly does something wrong around here..

truknutt

Committed Member
B O L O at this station...

Ahhhhh,

I didn't even notice that the original thread was in the "Ask the Factory" area. Sorry for that; gotta pay more attention in the future.

I thought it was strange that my reply to that post didn't show up in the "New Posts" section while my "Moderator Review Required..." thread/post apeared instantly.

Thanks for the enlightenment/re-training!!

Dave G. ;)

After creating our own website for the snowmobile club I was in, I understand fully why the moderator has it set up to check out the posts first. I unchecked that box on our website(guestbook) and you wouldn't believe the amount of spammers that were out there filling the guestbook with junk. It took me almost 2 hours one day deleting spam out of it.
I enjoy this site and give the moderators a nice job thanks on what you guys do.
Greg from VT

Last edited by a moderator:

Searching

So far anything I have posted has had that message pop up. Is this standard on all the forums or does it have to do with being a newer member with few posts?

jpmorgan37

Hello Searching and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. When a new member joins, the first two post are reviewed by a Moderator prior to posting. This is to eliminate spammers and people that would post things that are not of a family oriented nature. Once your two post are approved, then the only other post that are subject to moderation would be in the Ask the Factory threads. All post in ATF are reviewed prior to approval. Now you won't have to wait to see your post appear. Enjoy your forum and continue to participate.

John

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome ctuna0203, have fun on the forum, you can really gain lots of information.