Not open for further replies.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders

Venue:
------------------------------

Details:
  • Lakeview Loop Campground
  • Site fee: $ per night, must have current Colorado State Parks pass for tow vehicle
  • Club Member Event fee: N/A
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Cook-out: Saturday night 6pm

• Event Leader: monica-don(click to contact)

Additional Info:
**This event is also listed as a "Rally", same venue/dates. Check out the "rally" event page for additional information.
Make your reservations for Lakeview Loop, which has full hookups. Colorado State parks has changed their cancellation rules (somewhat), so make sure you check these out when you reserve.

Directions: Take I-70 to Rifle exit (90), then go north on Highway 13 for four miles. This takes you through the town of Rifle on Railroad Ave.
When the road comes to a "y" stay to the right on Highway 13.
Turn right onto Highway 325; Rifle Gap State Park entrance will be about six miles, on the left (west).

***Don & Monica will have a campfire at their site Thursday evening @ dusk. Bring a chair & your favorite beverage.
***Come over to Don & Monica's site 9am Friday, Saturday & Sunday for chatting and a cup of coffee.
***Meet & Greet and campfire Friday evening @ Don & Monica's site. Bring a chair and your favorite beverage.
***Ronn & Sarah will be hosting the campfire Saturday night. Bring your marshmallow cooking fork to make s'mores.

1) Don & Monica site #27
2) Ronn & Sarah site #28
3) Craig & Tena site #23
4) Roy & Kaia site#15
5) Bill & DeAnna site #25
6) Mike & Luci site #32
7) Lou & Marilyn site #26
8) Steve & Susan site #24
9) Bill & Ingrid #29
10) Peter & Liane
11) Terry & June site #53
12) John & Cathy site #54
13) Gregg & Linda #20

Last edited:

StarryNight

Here are a few links you may want to check out:

1] Shows the local area, location of Rifle Falls (water falls) & the hiking trails along with guides:

http://www.coloradodirectory.com/maps/hiking_rifle.html

2] Contains PDF for official "camper information" for Rifle Gap State Park. Page two of this PDF is a much better map of the campground:

http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/RifleGap/Documents/RifleGapCampgroundMap.pdf

3] This is from the Rifle Chamber of Commerce and is their "visitors" page with links on what to do in the area:

http://riflechamber.com/tourism/

Thank you to Ronn for getting this information:)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are still kicking it around for the Rifle campout . . .

I will know in a day or so . . .

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, (I think you get the idea :rolleyes: ) want to pull the plug . . . but I just don't like the haul up I-70 from Denver . . . I call it "The Truck Killer"!

I'll probably book the site tomorrow . . . :p

JohnD

By the by . . . we will be at St. Vrain State Park (Hwy 119 & I-25 exit at Longmont) over July 4th Weekend in case anyone might be in the area and will be at Manor RV Park (right next to the river) in Estes Park August 4th through 10th if anyone will be nearby!

StarryNight

John,
Come on!!! You (and your truck) can handle it!!!
Slow and steady, steady and slow....
It'll be a piece of cake...
Let Cathy drive and you get out and push....
That's all I can think of right now:) but you get the message, right?!

MTPockets

Monica & Don.... We've made our reservation and will be there six nights in site #53, arriving on 9/18. As you know, we camp hosted here last year (I remember your visit) and Rifle Gap is a great park. Look forward to seeing you guys again. Terry & June Rainwater HOC 2042

JohnD

John,

Ok . . . Ok . . . Ok . . . you twisted my arm enough! :eek:

I'm headed out the door right now to the Longmont Camping World (gotta get a couple of things plus I need to exchange that 50-ft hose I bought during the Colorado rally as it is a non-kink hose . . . and it has a kink in it!), and I'll book our site as soon as I get back this afternoon! :cool:

StarryNight

Terry & June,
Excellent!! We will be so glad to see you both again. Safe travels.

John & Cathy,
Glad to hear...that makes 12 rigs.
Have a great time over the 4th and in August:)

JohnD

OK . . . after agonizing over the photos of the different sites available, we have reserved site #54 from Thursday 9-18 and will be heading out Tuesday 9-23! :cool:

Might add another day or two if the site is still available and I can squeeze another day off of work! :confused:

Yeeeeee Hawwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JohnD

John,

Cathy got a good laugh when she read your post!

gwalter

We are going to head out there on Sat. morning if all goes as planned. Our grandson plays football Fri. night. This will be our first trip with our Silverado other than 2 nights coming back after picking it up.

We will be in Guatemala thru most of Aug. visiting our daughter and son-in-law and for the birth of our new grandson. Hopefully all goes well and look forward to seeing everyone in Rifle.

Gregg & Linda

jbeletti

This Camp-Out has now become a full Colorado Chapter Rally. Click here for the Chapter Rally.

This thread is being closed so the conversation can be moved to the rally thread. When this thread is closed, it will disappear from the Events list as only active events appear.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.