modifications to the heater/furnace vents on the Cyclone

Has anybody tried to find heater/furnace vent covers for their Cyclone? We thought we had the right ones and took the original ones off and found a big difference. We don't know where to find the correct sizes. Most dealers other than Heartland dealers (don't have one around here) don't have that size. The vent covers that are factory don't have adjusters to open and close them and the vent in the bedroom is right near the bed and heat keeps going up our bedspread every night. We'd like to re-route the heat to go away from the bed and the bathroom vent keeps it way too hot in there when we need the heat elsewhere. Any suggestions or experiences?

snuffy

At home I use a clear plastic deflector that has adjustable width and magnetic attachment.

sundancer

heat registers

I found the correct size to fit my sundance 2900RK at Home Depot. The original ones were made out of plastic. The new ones are metal and can be opened or closed. the one thing I've noticed is that they can be hot to touch with bare feet when the furnace on. Hope you can find some that will work for your cyclone.

Thanks Jim for the link. We did find exactly what we need. We may check out Ace first so maybe we won't have to order it. Thanks everybody for the suggestions.

navyAZ1

We found the ones that will close that fit our BH at Lowes if my memory serves me correctly they are 2"x13" opening size. However, you might check with Heartland the heat vent in our comode room is the typical plastic kind like all the others but it has a shutter in it to allow you to adjust the amount of air flow into that small space don't know why they don't put this vent in all of the vent openings can't be that expensive.:confused:

linuxkidd

Be careful with the ones that close... if you close too many vents, you can develop too much back pressure and cause the furnace limit switch to quick cycle. This wears out the limit switch pretty quick and is generally bad for the Furnace.

LK

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
DWIN Corp. seems to have a lot of different vents and they have an online store as well.

Jim, on the floor registers this link provides, the size is 2 1/4" X 10". I took this to be the measurement of the duct that needs to be covered (or the bottom of the register), not the outside measurement of the register itself. Have you ordered these? I hope it will fit as the price is certainly right.

jbeletti

Hi Chuck,

I have ordered nothing from this company. Just seems like a great resource. You are on your own. Thanks for blazing the trail for us all. I suggest you call them with your exact measurements to get the right one. Let us know how it goes.

Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Hi Chuck,

I have ordered nothing from this company. Just seems like a great resource. You are on your own. Thanks for blazing the trail for us all. I suggest you call them with your exact measurements to get the right one. Let us know how it goes.

Jim

They came in a couple of days ago, but the internet was down in the park for four days (bummer). Anyway, the registers are exactly the same as the originals that came with the Bighorn (brown is really very light). I put a damper register in the bedroom and Saundra thinks it feels sturdier than the plain one that had been in there.

Four dampers and four plain and freight for almost the same price that the local dealer wanted for one. I'm pleased.

Luckyhat12

Has anyone found metal ones to put in their place? I had magnetic sheets on the registers at home and I would cut to fit to help regulate the amount of flow I wanted in a particular room. Limiting flow in one room would boost flow in another.

truknutt

Committed Member
Chris,

This same company, D&W Inc, has both styles of metal registers in the 2 1/4' x 10" size only. I did see the other day that Lowe's carries different sizes of metal registers.

I ordered 4 damping plastic registers from D&W along with the "Sink-Away" to install in the garage since I have the washer hookups and a spare gray water tank just sitting there being unused (won't have to use a bucket for a drain). The mounting bracket is the same one used for the old "R-V-Q" grill we had on our Rage'N. I was debating whether to have a mount outside by the UDC for hand washing since there is already a "Spray-Away Port" in the UDC. I also snagged a Spray Wand so the young-uns can hose off the beach sand before re-entering the rig.

The delivery turn around time was less than a week. Very happy.

Dave

P.S. Thanks to Jim B. for providing the link in the first place.