Great experience with Heartland on warranty work

Breeno

I know, the internet isn't typically used for positive comments, but hey, I'm gonna do my part to counter that....

Our 2014 Gateway 3650 BH had a number of issues that needed resolved so we called Heartland to start the process before reaching out to our local dealer. After hearing general RV warranty horror stories, I didn't know what to expect, but we reflexively braced for the worst...

After a few calls to Heartland and follow ups with our dealer, we got our Gateway back last week, and I'm well pleased with the results. Heartland was very responsive and handled everything with complete professionalism. Well pleased with our choice in buying a Gateway!

Olga

I can only hope my warranty work with Heartland is posistive. My wife and I took ownership of our 2014 Gateway 3200RS. We had the dealer fix the issues we discovered in our walk through. We got our unit back with in two weeks and off we went to place it on our property (yes we decided to downsize and fulltime rv it) after paying the $450.00 ferry fee (live on Orcas Island) and got it all set up hooked the water up to the city outlet and next thing I know water coming up and out through the toilet water everywhere. I have to use the fresh water tank now. My sensor on the Black water tank always reads 2/3 full. My shower door leaks at the front and water goes everywhere. My exhuast fan makes a terrible noise when being used. Watched a movie the other day and not more then 20 minutes into the TV screen went black (tv is now in the repair shop.) I notified the dealer and was told sorry youll have to bring it back in (after I was told by thier service manager they would try to get someone out to address the issue). I'm begining to question why I moved out of my NuWa Snowvilla to this.
Alot of this items I will have to fix myself but feel I really got shafted with the Service Department at the Dealership and really have to question Heartlands Quality Control and poor craftsmanship make sit hard for me to recomend this unit to anyone.

danemayer

I can only hope my warranty work with Heartland is posistive. My wife and I took ownership of our 2014 Gateway 3200RS. We had the dealer fix the issues we discovered in our walk through. We got our unit back with in two weeks and off we went to place it on our property (yes we decided to downsize and fulltime rv it) after paying the $450.00 ferry fee (live on Orcas Island) and got it all set up hooked the water up to the city outlet and next thing I know water coming up and out through the toilet water everywhere. I have to use the fresh water tank now. My sensor on the Black water tank always reads 2/3 full. My shower door leaks at the front and water goes everywhere. My exhuast fan makes a terrible noise when being used. Watched a movie the other day and not more then 20 minutes into the TV screen went black (tv is now in the repair shop.) I notified the dealer and was told sorry youll have to bring it back in (after I was told by thier service manager they would try to get someone out to address the issue). I'm begining to question why I moved out of my NuWa Snowvilla to this.
Alot of this items I will have to fix myself but feel I really got shafted with the Service Department at the Dealership and really have to question Heartlands Quality Control and poor craftsmanship make sit hard for me to recomend this unit to anyone.
Any chance you hooked the water hose to the black tank flush instead of to the city water inlet? You didn't mention anything about water running down the toilet bowl into the black tank. The only other way for it to get there is by way of the black flush connection.

As to the other problems, I'd see about finding a mobile servicer and asking Heartland to authorize warranty repairs by that person rather than by hauling the unit back to your selling dealer. You'll have to pay the mobile service travel time charge, but that'll be way less than the alternative.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a bit confused by the water coming up out of the toilet.
Are you certain that you attached the water supply to the fresh inlet and not the black tank flush?

Peace
Dave

Sunset4k

Olga, I'm very sorry to hear about your issues! I know how frustrating it is to spend your money only to have issues immediately. We had major issues with our 2013 ElkRidge, so much to the point that we actually shopped around to trade it off!! But, we discovered that all brands have issues. Instead of talking with salespeople I went to the service managers. We have several large dealers in our area so I had a broad base to talk to. What they told me was HEartland is better than many other brands both in quality and in ease of getting warranty work authorized . They took care of all of our warranty repairs without question. I have learned from the good folks here how to make some repairs myself, and my DW and I are happy overall with our Elkridge now. We will stay with Heartland and are planning to upgrade to a Big Country in a few years.

Olga

Sorry,
I forgot to mention the hook up in my original thread. I didhook up to the city water its pretty idiot proof inlet with (city water)sticker on it. I've been reading on hereabout other member’s issues with the sensors on their tanks and shower doorsleaking so I don’t feel too bad. I don’t plan on ever taking my unit back tothe Dealership I bought it from ( I have no complaints about the salesman or financemanager as both were great to deal with and very helpful) My issue is with theService Manager telling me one thing then doing another and then lie to meabout it. I am going to call Heartland Direct to see if they will help withcoverage of a mobile tech to come out.

I’m trying not to be negative with Heartland I’m frustratedwith my unit. I can fix most the issues rather quickly and easily but as my wife says “Why should you they toldus they would work to get someone to our location to fix issues and even soldthe extended warranty to us so they should stick to their word".

The Dealership isless than 30 minutes from the ferry terminal it would cost the Service Tech$12.00 round trip to walk on I can pick the tech up and have all the tools theyneed to work on the unit. There is even a Hardware Store on the Island thatsells RV parts and fittings. TheDealership still said "No bring it in to Fife that dealership up by you isnew and doesn’t have a Service Department set up yet and your unit wasn't meantfor full time Rving" even though we told them we will be living in thisfull time they told us this is the unit you want then. Not Heartlands issue butthe Service Dept at the Dealership is terrible I will be calling Heartland onMonday to see if they can help me. Thank you for the input this is a greatforum with lots of knowledge I look forward to talking and sharing ideas andinformation.

Olga

Just an update as it has been awhile since I posted on here been busy the last couple of months. I had numerous issues with my unit and was able to get Heartland to pay for parts and labor. In one of my posts described how when I hooked up to the city water I had water come out of the toilet. When the Techs tore into the unit and two page repair they discovered the water hook up connections weren't installed properly at the factory, the tank valve's were not operable (needed adjusted) fresh water tank was leaking from tank filler neck, electrical junction boxes were not hooked up properly. All these issues where caused by faulty craftsmanship/poor quality control at the factory. I dealt with Terry Hayes directly from Heartland who was able to assist me with all my concerns in the end I had to pay the Ferry Fees and Service Fee (Mobile RV Service) while Heartland paid for over $800.00 worth of repairs,labor. I haven't had any issues with my unit so far and while it doesn't get overly cold where I live it did get below freezing for about a week here recently with a high of 37 during the day (no issues with furnace yeah) As I write this I am in day two of a three day storm that are bringing 45-75 mile wind gust yes 75 mph off the coast while I definitely feel the win the unit is holding its own. I must say dealing with Mr. Hayes has made my wife and I really appreciate Heartlands customer service and eagerness to resolve the issues. I would also like to give kudos to Dreamchasers RV out of Burlington Wa for all there work.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well it is good to hear that they are taking care of things even if they should have been caught before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk