Breakaway System?

jbsiii

Does Heartland recommend any particular breakaway system for the North Trail brakes? I'm looking at the Tekonsha P3 brake controller, and need to look for the breakaway system as well.

medic9016

Ours was already on the trailer, I'm not sure what brand Heartland uses. We had a Husky Journey HD brake controller and it worked well a little hard to adjust, so we changed to the Prodigy.

JER-1

break away

Mine on order has the break away already installed from the factory 280BH
I would think they all have them now standard equip just about all states requrie them now the dealer can't let you leave the lot without one pretty sure it's standard.
JER-1

Forrest Fetherolf

Does Heartland recommend any particular breakaway system for the North Trail brakes? I'm looking at the Tekonsha P3 brake controller, and need to look for the breakaway system as well.

You may be using the wrong terminology. The break-a-way system is standard equipment and activates the trailer brakes if the trailer is disconnected from the tow vehicle during travel. The brake controller is used to apply trailer brakes during normal vehicle braking.

Forrest

jbsiii

Hi Forrest,
Yeah, I could have worded my question better. I understand they're two different things. I was shopping for the Tekonsha and came across ads for breakaway systems and was wondering if I needed to purchase one as well, since I didn't see anything on the list of features that said the TT already has one. I'm a little behind the times here, my existing Popup is 21 years old, and things have progressed quite a bit since then. :)