Our worst day of camping

dix36

We had a bad day last thursday at the Urbanna rally. Started with a/c issues which HOC member, Randy Allen, fixed. It moved along to a more dangerous side. Our transfer switch had fried! And, since I don't do electrical, we were going to have big issues with getting it repaired. Stopped by the nightly campfire to relay what had happened and the HOC brain trust (Duane Clause, John Bylinski, Glen Schaff, Jim Marigliano, Jon Holbert and a few others) asked where I was going to be at 0800 the next morning. My reply, "Where ever you want me."

That crew showed up and had the repair done in no time. It could have been done even faster except for the usual BS.
;) Part of which was because a union shop steward was involved, and he calculated multi-state mileage, overtime because of being on vacation at the rally and a lot of other essential "stuff" for our bill. :confused:

A lot of thanks need to be extended:
-to Jim Beletti for starting the motion for us to have a cabin at Beth-Page.
-to Beth-Page for letting us have the cabin at rally rates.
-to Randy Allen for fixing the a/c.
-to McGeorge RV for offering tech support at the rally.
-to the HOC "brain trust" for the repairs.

Makes a feller feel good to have such nice things happen when they looked so gloomy on thursday morning.

Once again........THANKS TO ALL......from Dick and Reta

jbeletti

Dick,

You've got a great "road family" - as does any Heartlander who takes the time to meet and befriend their fellow Heartland travelers :)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Dick,

You've got a great "road family" - as does any Heartlander who takes the time to meet and befriend their fellow Heartland travelers :)

Yes . . . join the Heartland Owner's Club (free for the first year) and a whole new world of opportunity in RV'ing will open up for you!

We just attended our first local chapter camping rally . . . what a blast!

After attending one of these, you'll feel guilty when you are out camping on your own without the rest of your local club along with you!

Here is a shot I took at the rally near Colorado Springs:

ColoHOC2014RallyCampfire-IMG_2330.jpg