Tongue weight for North Trail 24RBS (2011)

5deano6

Hi, has anyone actually measured the tongue weight on their 24RBS? This is a ~5000lb trailer (dry), 7000lb gross, but the specs say 352lbs for the tongue weight. I would think the tongue should weigh 500-700lbs. Would water, batteries, propane, etc. really add that much to the tongue weight (I am not sure where the fresh water tank is located in relation to the axles)? I have not weighed mine but am trying to size a new hitch before I purchase it.
Thanks.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
What is your tow vehicle?

That is the most important question . . .

If I were you, I'd get the biggest and baddest trailer hitch I could find!

And don't skimp and skip the weight distribution setup . . . I won't leave home without it!

Not sure about the best place in the Springs, but in Denver, Lampert Hitch on 38th. & Perry Streets is the best place to get your hitch!

Two full 30lb LP tanks and two batteries are quite heavy . . . and so is a full water tank (adds about 750lbs by itself - figure about 8lbs per gallon).

I no longer travel with any full water or sewer tanks.

By the by . . . I think our fresh water tank is either right behind the axles or just over them.

Ours has the sealed and heated bottom, so can't see them without removing the coroplast covering.