Securing Bedroom TV

NewCyclone

How does everyone secure the TV they put in the bedroom or even up in the loft bed? Wife and I want to buy a flat screen 17" for the bedroom with a built in DVD player, but not sure how to secure it so it doesn't go flying around while on the road.

Last edited:

yrusohi

Spring Tension Bar

We use one of the adjustable refrigerator bars set diagonally for the bedroom tv. Seems to work so far. We dont have one in the loft so I cant help you on that one.

v92c

Texan
The TV in my living room came with two sets of straps with clips on it that criss cross.

The chairs in the living room came with the same type of straps. So I took two sets and mounted them on the bedroom TV. And strap it down criss crossed also. I have never strapped the chairs in.

DennisZ

The flat screen that I put in my bedroom is mounted with 2 long screws going thru the bottom of the shelf into the holes that fastened the mounting base stand to the TV. I just used longer screws in place of the factory screws.

Dennis

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We also have a 17" in the BR. I made some brackets out of 1/2" aluminum angle to replace the original flat stand. I angled the brackets and attached gussets to hold the TV at an angle good for viewing from the bed. I had a picture but I can't find it. The brackets attach to the TV mounting holes in the back. It's about a 4 square inch spot on the center of the back. The whole thing is then screwed to the cabinet base. Best thing, no straps!

Niles

I mounted a 19" flat screen with dvd player in it with a wall mount. I took the paneling off the wall in the closet and installed a piece of board the right thickness of the wall so I could have a solid wall to mount to. Then replaced the paneling and drilled the holes to mount the wall mount to it, it is a swivel type mount, this way we can rotate the tv out of the hole in the wall to whatever angle we want. When traveling we just put a bungee cord around it and the wall mount and it seems to ride OK. And like the guy falling past the fifth floor window said "So far so good".None

crazybanshee

We have a 19" LCD in the bedroom. I applied velcro on the TV stand bottom and stuck it to the shelf. It has stayed there for 8000 miles. Velcro is great! Doug

donabel

I had a 20 Sharp Aquos flat screen, and once you figure out how to get it in the bedroom cabinet, you don't have to worry about it coming out. It sits nocely and does not seem to move around. With the occasional idiot alert it might slide an inch or so, but it won't come out of the cabinet.
(knock on wood)