Olevia firmware

vrugt

Whenever I switch to a channel number of 40 and above I loose my picture and quite often sound too. After a while (sometimes after a day being unplugged) I get the TV picture and sound back.
I suspect it to be a firmware problem. However to be able to download the latest level firmware from the Olevia site I need an FM number (Example: FM 1-XXX-XXXXXXXXX above the model number)
I cannot find the sticker with either number on the set that HeartlandRV installed.
Any suggestions on the label or even better the problem? Has anyone discovered a way to reset the TV (none of the controls on the unit or remote control work when I have this problem)?

vrugt

Yes, the setup is fine. The reception is fine. Everything is fine for days until I get into the 40's channels then it sometimes quits. When I get it going again all picture settings are screwed up.
I am suspicious of the firmware, it really smells like a typical programming error or maybe a CMOS problem.

Does everyone have a sticker with FM number and Serial number on the unit? Am I the only one without one? Maybe the sticker is behind the steel mounting plate? I hate to dismount the TV and not find anything there either.

jbeletti

vrugt,

This problem you are having with channels in the 40s and higher, are you on a cable system or is this with your over-the-air roof-top antenna?

Jim

vrugt

I am using Air and I am receiving both analogue and digital transmissions. The high channels seem to be all digital (I don't want to go check and maybe have no TV for the rest of the day!)
Very weird, when this all happens and I remove the coax of the TV set and switch the set back on, I have a couple of seconds the channel back (colors are screwed up) with a picture! Maybe what's still left in memory?? After a few seconds I lose the picture but not always the sound. Does sound like witchcraft doesn't it?

Jimmyt5

I downloaded a update from them, you get it and put it on a thumb drive,plug it in on side of TV then turn it on it tells you its doing something. then turn it off and remove drive.

You can call them at 866 965 3842 I think you have Model number 226 or 227

Web sight is WWW.Olevia.com

Jim

Last edited:

linuxkidd

The Serial / FM Numbers are on the back of the unit. I checked mine a while back and found that my unit had the latest firmware version already.

The BIG problem is that the sticker that has the numbers on it is UNDER the wall mount bracket that's attached to the back of the TV. I was just *barely* able to make out the numbers with a flash light and some serious eye strain.

You can find the firmware version ( and maybe even the SN/FW #'s ) in the on screen menus.

LK

vrugt

Linuxkidd thank you. That's what I was afraid of! The firmware number on the menu has a different format then what the Olevia website wants; it's more like a "version" number. So, I'll have to do some eye acrobatics and hope for the best...

vrugt

The plot thickens!

On another forum (avsforum.com) I found the same problem for the Olevia 232v 32" series 2 TV with the same TV station WWSB . I quote from it
"Came with A21 firmware. Only one problem with the set so far... in Tampa, FL there's a
channel out of Sarasota (channel 40)... analog 40.0 works great, but both 40.1 and 40.2
with two different antennas lock up the TV.

It'll play for about 4-5 seconds, go black, then audio drops out. I have to unplug the TV
and plug it back in. And disconnect the antenna to get No Signal, or else the problem
repeats as soon as you turn it on since 40.1 was the last channel. All other OTA channels
work fine...
Updated to the newest firmware... didn't help...
Any ideas?"

There were no reactions to the posting . Obviously there is something in the digital signal of this station that creates havock with the Olevia firmware.
I took the easy way out and placed 40.1 and 40.2 on the skip list.