Mattresses? Where, what

360gal

The mattress that came with my landmark has finally reached the end of its life...I was able to get 4 years out of it....

does anybody have have any thoughts on buying new mattress. Camping world had sleep number and some other cheap mattress. Jim Beletti mentioned Denver mattress company through lippert which he's happy with.

Any advice? Don't want to have to buy a new mattress every four years...

thanks, diana

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Diana,
We bought a latex mattress from Legacy Furniture here in Klamath Falls. We ordered it to fit the RV so it is the same size as the original. The owner at Legacy worked with this mattress company to build a mattress with the right support in the right places. Not cheap....., but worth it if you have a back like mine.

If you want more info, just send me a message and I will get it for you. Better yet, come to the OR rally and you can see it in person. It only weighs about 30 pounds more than the standard mattress.

Kristy

PS We have a Sleep Number at home. We didn't want to mess with plugging it in and changes in air pressure as we climb mountains. So latex for the trailer.

ncc1701e

Sleep number at home and a sleep number in the camper. I installed it in the camper just before last winter season and heading to SC. We love our sleep number. I put the pump up under the head of the bed, routed the hoses trough to small holes I fixed for this purpose. To accomadate the power a small hole on the side of the bed with "slip C" grips to keep the cord off the floor. Yes, I had to add a check list item to make sure the unit was unplugged before running in the slide, but worth it.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sleep number at home and a sleep number in the camper. I installed it in the camper just before last winter season and heading to SC. We love our sleep number. I put the pump up under the head of the bed, routed the hoses trough to small holes I fixed for this purpose. To accomadate the power a small hole on the side of the bed with "slip C" grips to keep the cord off the floor. Yes, I had to add a check list item to make sure the unit was unplugged before running in the slide, but worth it.

x2! We love our sleep number in the trailer. Wish I could buy one for home that cheap. Camping World will periodically put them on sale under $1k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbbls59

Do you like the mattress you use at home? If you do, I suggest you get one like it. I did that a few years ago on my SOB and I couldn't tell if I was in the trailer or at home when I went to sleep.

Birchwood

We reconstructed our bed to a Queen and use a regular residential mattress.The original mattress in our Landmark only lasted a year before the topper got ridges.We have almost all our furniture converted to residential.Our dining table is the only one remaining and it has been stripped and refinished.

360gal

My goodness, thank you for all the replies. The sleep number I tried out at camping world felt like an air mattress. My home mattress weighs well over a hundred pounds, plus it doesn't come in rv size. I've done a little research and Denver mattresses are sold at a dealership on the other side of Portland. I've heard some ppl but the king memory foam and then cut them down to fit....oi so much work to find a new one.

great idea for rallies...bring in mattress companies and sell them at rallies....JIM BELETTI?

danemayer

Some of us have ordered RV King Size memory foam from Lasting Impressions Foam. We got the 12" RV King 2 years ago and love it. Last year we got a full-size king from them for the house. The 2nd one was firmer and DW doesn't like it quite as much. Price is great and delivery was fast.

The one in the RV seems to be holding up just fine. Sleeps the same as when we first go it in May 2012 and that's with us spending about 1/2 time in the RV.

hcriddle

We have the RV King from Lasting Impressions like Dan and Ann. We love ours as well and it is holding up great with us fulltiming for the last year.

shanedana

We have a 2008 Big Country and the sofa bed air mattress needs to be replaced. We have patched it a couple of times and a year later it will not hold air. Where do I find a replacement mattress?

DonnyB007

My goodness, thank you for all the replies. The sleep number I tried out at camping world felt like an air mattress. My home mattress weighs well over a hundred pounds, plus it doesn't come in rv size. I've done a little research and Denver mattresses are sold at a dealership on the other side of Portland. I've heard some ppl but the king memory foam and then cut them down to fit....oi so much work to find a new one.

great idea for rallies...bring in mattress companies and sell them at rallies....JIM BELETTI?

Yes, we too purchased the memory foam. It is a few bucks no doubt, but an excellent investment in good sleep. We just love our mattress.

porthole

Retired
We bought the Lippert supplied Denver mattress while at Urbanna, seem sot be OK so far.
The Sleep number mattresses seem to be a hit and miss with users, some love them, some can't stand them. So for us at least, it was a too expensive gamble.

Memory foam mattresses that retain heat are a no go for someone going through "changes" or someone living with a "changes" person :cool:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Sleep number mattresses seem to be a hit and miss with users, some love them, some can't stand them. So for us at least, it was a too expensive a gamble :cool:

Yes, first time I tried a SN bed I didn't like it. I think because it was "demo-ing" the way it adjusts. This was at the Texas State Fair.

But once we tried one in Camping World, where we could make the adjustments with the remote, and really spend a few minutes trying it out, I found it supported my back more then any other mattress I'd ever been on. You have to truly lie down and make adjustments, wait for your body to get accustomed, and adjust.

Love ours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILH

The factory mattress just wasn't cutting it anymore - I was getting sore spots on my side from the springs! Today we went out and bought a new mattress - we'll finally get a good night's rest on our next trip. Hurray!