28bhs bumber

Johnp322

I have a quick question.
The website shows and literature shows the nice clean look of the pvc typr rear bumber on the North Trail but the new trailer I am looking at has a black metal bumper. Why the difference?
John :)

campntn

Hopefully the factory can chime in soon. I will be curious to know this answer. I love the looks of my "sexy bumper" LOL. But, I have wondered if it would change on later models.

M

Mcreech

Here is what happened. When we first started the North Trail production line in July 2007, the ABS molded bumper didn't get completed in time for the start up. The supplier told us it would be ready and they had some start up delays. So we didn't have a choice but to start with the metal bumper and then switch when the supplier was ready.....I hope this helps.

Mike C

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our 28BHS has the metal bumper that was offered on the first models. To be honest I rather have this type of bumper. I watched a fellow camper back his T.T. into a 4x4 marker post and it tore the ABS molded bumper into peices. I wonder how the metal bumper would have handled hitting the post? The new bumpers look good but I wounder how durable they are?

Jamie, Ginger and Madison
2008 North Trail 28BHS
2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty

Johnp322

Metal bumper

I also thought of that issue on how durable the pvc type bumper are. They look nice but the moment anything hits it. I also heard that many people store the sewer hose inside the bumper so you dont have to store within the trailer.

JER-1

Sewer Hose Stoarge

Store the hose outside in the front right side under it look up at the pvc pipe for flex hose I'm gonna put about a 10" extenstion on mine store a little longer hose.
JER-1