EMSHW50C Surge Protector for 2014 Gateway 3200RS

jimpav

Unfortunately, I did not have time to remove my HWC 50C from my trade-in unit at the Urbanna rally. So I need to get one for the Gateway. After reading all the threads of this topic, I did not find anyone who has hardwired a 50 amp PMS to an RV with a residential refrigerator and inverter/transfer switch. My question is do I have to take into account the transfer switch and inverter, or just do a "normal" install like everyone else has done? Also, where would be the best place to cut (hopefully) the incoming power line? Notice the enclosed diagram for the inverter circuit. I would imagine that you would want protection for this circuit in the event something went wrong with the circuit breakers/batteries??Magnum 1000 watt inverter.jpg

Attachments

• magnum 1000 inverter.jpeg
    magnum 1000 inverter.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 56

danemayer

The EMS protects incoming 110V power before it gets to the circuit breakers. The refrigerator's transfer switch gets power after the circuit breakers, or from the inverter output.

I don't think there's any way to include the inverter output that feeds the residential refrigerator and there's probably not much need for it.

scottyb

Dan is correct. The inverter and fridge are down stream of the panel. The EMS should be installed before your panel per your diagram.

Jim.Allison

I did not include the generator or inverter in the protection circuit. The thing you are trying to eliminate is the bad pedestal power, and I doubt that your inverter or your generator is going to have altered wiring or power surges like you find in a pedestal.