ATF: Landmark - Rear Cap replacement?

wildwolfproducts

Wondering what a ballpark price would be for a replacement cap for our Full body paint Key Largo? Tail swing got a fence coming out of David Crockett State park today. That is one park that is not set up for today's campers for sure.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can probably go to a body shop that does fiberglass repair and get it repaired and repainted. It would be a lot less expensive. You insurance may cover it too.

donr827

Just my thought, It would be a lot cheaper to repair then replace depending on how much damage was done. If you decided to repair get a price for the repair before calling your insurance company but do it ASAP. The cost of repair might be cheaper to pay out of pocket rather then filing a claim and looking forward to a raise in your insurance cost down the load. The insurance company might look at it as a at fault accident.Don

wildwolfproducts

Thanks guys adjuster is calling this evening on it. Also where is the S/N on these units? Looks like what is on our insurance is not the same as what the company needs? As I left the last 6 of the SN and they say I'm missing one?
Insurance pulled up everything about the unit though so not sure where the mixup is. Now to get a shop that can do the work right within a few hours of us. Pickwick Dam Tn. Not sure if people just use a good fiberglass and body shop for this or not? Cap has a rip where you see the white toward the top of the bottom color. Runs almost to the ladder.
rearcap.jpg

danemayer

where is the S/N on these units? Looks like what is on our insurance is not the same as what the company needs?
The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is on the Tire/Weight sticker usually located on the off-door-side near the pinbox. You'll also find it on your title and probably on your registration, and perhaps on insurance cards, although transcription errors could have compromised everything after the Tire/Weight sticker.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is also a mylar sticker on the off-door side near the front that has the vin on it.

FordMan1966

Thanks guys adjuster is calling this evening on it. Also where is the S/N on these units? Looks like what is on our insurance is not the same as what the company needs? As I left the last 6 of the SN and they say I'm missing one?
Insurance pulled up everything about the unit though so not sure where the mixup is. Now to get a shop that can do the work right within a few hours of us. Pickwick Dam Tn. Not sure if people just use a good fiberglass and body shop for this or not? Cap has a rip where you see the white toward the top of the bottom color. Runs almost to the ladder.
View attachment 30347

I recognize where your Landmark is setting in this picture. I have a 2013 Grand Canyon with the Chocolate Full Paint. We live in Maryville.

ed47

sorry to hear about your mishap happen to me a last year was on our way to our first ally going to Montgomery tx rally. pulled end cap off all in all it cost a little over 11000.00 to get fixed insurance worked well with repair shop. good luck wth repairs ous looks as good as new

wildwolfproducts

I recognize where your Landmark is setting in this picture. I have a 2013 Grand Canyon with the Chocolate Full Paint. We live in Maryville.

No you don't, but its in my driveway LOL..
Called Corinth Rv this am, and was told the cap has been repaired for weeks. But still waiting on the side parts from Heartland to get there. Man I hope there not having to make the side pieces and paint them. Then ship them by covered wagon. Told them in July as long as I had by the end of Oct I woudl be happy. Here it is first of Sept and we leave for 2 weeks of camping next week. But camper is still not ready.:mad:
Also had not called them to check on the time frame. As I know every shop gets called everyday by some people. And I did not want to be one of those people. Was told it would take them around 4 hours to finish it up when the parts hit there door. So hope we can pack it and be ready to leave Monday.
Pete

danemayer

If you want to find out the status of parts coming from Heartland, you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you what's been ordered, when it was ordered, and when to expect arrival.

wildwolfproducts

If you want to find out the status of parts coming from Heartland, you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you what's been ordered, when it was ordered, and when to expect arrival.

Thanks will do that and did not even think about being able to do that.
Pete

emm4273610re

Sorry to hear about that. We've all done it, if not yet it's just a matter of when. I know you're a ways away but close to me is a body shop that specializes in RV repairs like that and would be easier then replacing the whole rear cap. Remember when they replace the whole cap all the paint has to match colors, designs etc. Plus the cap won't take care of the side skirt damage. I would ask around your area for such a body shop. They need to have the bigger facilities to work on such large units. Ask for a shop tour ! If they are proud of the work they do they should be happy to show you around. Good Luck

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just had to have our side panel (J Wrap) I believe is what they call it, done at the factory about a month ago. Took them only a few days. The J Wrap does need to be painted, so that might be your hold up.

wildwolfproducts

All parts are in and was told it would be ready to pick up Friday am. That will give us time to load it up for 12 days of camping. Starting Sunday after Church. Will be spending time below Pickwick Dam in Tn. Camping fishing and enjoying time with friends from 5 states. Now I just hope all our Tv's and stuff is still in the camper.:( Also seen on the order where they were putting a new Rear Ladder on the camper. Did not think the old one was hurt. So will be checking it to make sure it has been changed. And our mounts for the Heartland tag is on there. I replaced part of the caps on our old ladder. So will not take but a few seconds to see if it was changed our or not. If now they will not get our Part of the repairs..

emm4273610re The work on ours is being done by Corinth RV center, Corinth Ms. Everyone I talked with told me they were the only place to get work done around here. Took a Tour of there shop and seen 3 different units being repaired. They were going a great job and one was a New Class A. That had been hit in the Walmart Parking lot by a lady that thought she was backing up.:mad: Looked like she hit it more then one time to make sure it was dead. Also I was told If the repairs did not make it like new. I did not have to pay for the repairs.
Come on camping time again.

Now for fresh catfish and Hushpuppies for dinner this evening. Took a Buddy fishing today at Pickwick Dam. And its fresh fish for us this evening.
Pete