Toilet

Sheila161

Just picked up our 2015 Bighorn 3010E last Monday! LO I except the toilet lid and seat hit the back wall and don't stay up. They sit at an angle! Any ideas how to fix this???? Heartland wasn't much help!!!!

danemayer

Hi Sheila161,

Any chance you could post a picture of how your toilet is positioned? I just looked at ours and it seems like even if the toilet were jammed right up against the wall behind it, there would still be room fro the seat to stay up. I'm trying to imagine what your toilet seat is hitting. And of course a picture is worth a thousand words.

Being new on the forum, I don't know if you can post a picture yet. If not, perhaps you can post it to another site and link to that picture.

Last edited:

Sheila161

I will take a picture this weekend. But I will try to describe better. The wall behind the toilet is flat, to the left of that, it angles, then straightens out(wall alongside hallway). The back of the toilet hits the angled part so when you lift it up, it doesn't go flat against the back wall. The dealer and the Heartland said they were aware of it, told me to turn it. But we really don't see how we can do that. I feel foolish not knowing this before we left the dealer, they are 5 hrs away.

Yes, it is level.

Thank you for responding Dan

S

danemayer

Sounds like they're saying the entire toilet needs to be rotated clockwise a little bit. Based on the Dometic 310 manual (not sure if that's what you have), it may be as simple as loosening the mounting bolts, grasping the base, and rotating it. Thetford toilets seem to have a similar mounting scheme.

pegmikef

I will take a picture this weekend. But I will try to describe better. The wall behind the toilet is flat, to the left of that, it angles, then straightens out(wall alongside hallway). The back of the toilet hits the angled part so when you lift it up, it doesn't go flat against the back wall. The dealer and the Heartland said they were aware of it, told me to turn it. But we really don't see how we can do that. I feel foolish not knowing this before we left the dealer, they are 5 hrs away.

Yeah, I just went out and looked at mine and I can see what the problem is. If mine were rotated just an inch or two counter clockwise then the lid and seat would hit the angled wall and would not stay up. It would have to be rotated clockwise until the toilet is perpendicular to the back wall. I am not sure how to do that, but I felt around on the bottom and there is a bolt on each side. I just don't know what is under it. You might call the dealer back and ask if they could have a tech walk you through it on the phone since it is a warranty issue. It is probably pretty simple, but I am not familar with the seal and ring configuration.