How to clean exterior

1231ChaseB

The only thing i use the pressure washer for is the tire's ! There's too many places for high pressure water to get where you don't want it ! JMHO !
chaseb

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I use only "dawn" dish soap to clean everything. The black streak remover from Wal Mart works great to remove bugs on the front cap. Rumor has it that you should not wax the decals, but use 303 protectant.

traveler44

I used the 303 on the decals one time. By the time I was done I might just as well used it all over the sides.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
There is no quick way around this project. Most of us use Dawn dish detergent. Start from roof and then down sides to clean off white stuff that comes from roof. Dawn on roof with stiff bristle brush is best and soft bristle on sides. I have been using a new product to wash/wax that I got from Urbanna Rally and I like its ease of application. In the past I hand waxed twice a year with REJEX. That was the best product I could find. Good annual wax followed with regular wash is the best plan for me.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
There is no quick way around this project. Most of us use Dawn dish detergent. Start from roof and then down sides to clean off white stuff that comes from roof. Dawn on roof with stiff bristle brush is best and soft bristle on sides. I have been using a new product to wash/wax that I got from Urbanna Rally and I like its ease of application. In the past I hand waxed twice a year with REJEX. That was the best product I could find. Good annual wax followed with regular wash is the best plan for me.

I heard you are doing cleaning demos at the next rally....

Grey Ghost

I also use Dawn to wash the outside, but use Baby Wipes to work on the front end bug problem. The Baby Wipes take off the bug juice and also put a protective coat on so they don't stick so bad the next time. Really works GREAT. I have never used HIGH pressure on my exterior the thought of that just concerns me a bunch. Too many seams that might leak after that process. Might consider on the tires and rims, but that would be it. Hope this is somewhat helpful! Have fun out there, enjoy your rig and most importantly, be safe! :cool: