View Full Version : EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/10/2014 to 9/14/2014

jbeletti
06-25-2014, 08:57 AM
550 West Hershey Park Drive, Hershey, PA 17033

VENUE:

Giant Center
550 West Hershey Park Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
http://www.prvca.org/PRVCAHome/AmericasLargestRVShowPublicInfo/tabid/59/Default.aspx

DETAILS:

Pets: No (sorry)

Event Leader: jbeletti(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=2)

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Jamie and Ginger (JWalker & MrsJWalker) and Jim Beletti (jbeletti) will be coordinating the Heartland Owners volunteer schedule for the 2014 Hershey Show.

There are some new PA licensing rules this year that we're wading through to determine how we can use Club Members without having to go through any licensing for them. Details to follow when we have it figured out. As such, all volunteers and day/time slots are all very tentative.

NEARBY RV PARKS

Hershey High Meadow (nearest - but hard to get a reservation)
Conewago (20 minutes away in Elizabethtown - Jim B is staying here)
Other places??

SCHEDULING
As we've done in past years, we'd like to see everyone work either two 4 hour shifts or one 8 hour shift.

A single shift will be 9am - 5pm
A split shift will be 9am - 1pm or 1pm - 5pm

More Info. to follow.

BADGES
"It is the plan" to have badges issued to those scheduled to work the show.
More Info. to follow after we resolve the licensing issue.

CURRENT VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE
The following Heartland Owners have expressed interest:

Jim Beletti

JWalker
06-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Ginger and I can work Saturday. We would love to be able to spend the weekend but I don't know if it is in the cards. We'll see.

Lou_and_Bette
06-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Lou and I have made our reservations for the week. Jim we will work when you need us

Flying Dutchman
06-25-2014, 10:41 AM
It was bound to happen. :eek: So many rally choices that are creating conflicts in our "fun" schedule. Sorry Jim, after being at the Hershey show for many years we will be at the SC rally at Willow Tree this year. On the bright side it may save me some money as we sure seem to be giving a lot of thought to the LM Savannah. It may be best to keep some distance from those tempting "show" offers. :rolleyes:

porthole
06-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Probably can do one or more of the weekday slots.

FYI - pets There are two boarding facilities nearby. One right in Hershey and one nearby, Fido Club I think.

bdb2047
06-25-2014, 11:30 AM
Eileen and I can fill in where ever you need 1 or more

davebennington
06-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Jim,

We will be there on the 10th and can help you setup.

dave & Julie

JWalker
06-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Could everyone let me know your arrival and departure dates. It will help with scheduling. If you are coming in for just a day (like we are), let me know what day.

Jamie

bdb2047
06-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Jamie we live close enough to drive from home so put us in where you need.

Could everyone let me know your arrival and departure dates. It will help with scheduling. If you are coming in for just a day (like we are), let me know what day.

Jamie

porthole
06-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Most likely wednesday, thursday or friday. Trying to see if we can squeeze in a trailer trip there.

JWalker
06-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Thanks everyone for the updates.

JWalker
06-25-2014, 06:37 PM
If there is a preference on SPLIT shift or SINGLE shift, please let me know.
The "default setting" is SINGLE shift.

jbeletti
06-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Hello Greeters!

Looks like we have solved how have club members work at the club table. If all goes to plan, club members selected to work the table will be issued Greeter badges.

Jamie will be emailing all who worked last year to see who wants to work again. Then he'll start working a list of new members responding to this thread.

Thanks all.

Jim

Lou_and_Bette
06-25-2014, 08:53 PM
We are coming in on the 8th and departing the 15th

Lou_and_Bette
06-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Jamie Lou and I will work 2 4hour shifts is that is ok, Bette

JWalker
06-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Jamie Lou and I will work 2 4hour shifts is that is ok, Bette
Got it. Thank you

dbylinski
06-26-2014, 08:32 AM
With my change in positions at work time off is a bigger issue than before. September is an even bigger issue so..... if we are to participate we will have to make it a day trip or a quick weekend turn around. I will have to let you know and will do so soon.

jimtoo
07-01-2014, 12:25 AM
I just copied this from the IRV2 forum. If anyone is interested it might be fun. Maybe you could shop for a Heartland unit.

HGTV and Nancy Glass Productions are seeking shoppers for their RV show!

Couples and families who apply and are chosen will appear on HGTV’s annual RV special being filmed at America’s Largest RV Show in Hershey, Pennsylvania on September 10th through the 13th, 2014.

We are looking for 3 couples or families to feature as they shop for their dream RV. One day of filming is required. So if you’re fun, outgoing, and have an interest and knowledge of RVs please apply! However, shoppers that are new to the RV world are also welcome. No purchase is necessary!
Interested parties should email photos and a brief description of themselves and their dream RV to rvcasting@nancyglassproductions.com / ronn@nancyglassproductions.com

Jim M

JWalker
07-07-2014, 02:46 PM
I am going to start putting together a rough draft of the volunteer schedule shortly. I would like to give Jim the finalized schedule by this Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Thank you to all the people who signed up to help. Anyone else who would like to take a few hours to chat with potential Heartland owners about the benefits of the Heartland Owners Club, please let me know.

Jamie

rfournelle
07-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Jamie,

Christine & I will be attending the show and visit the area. We plan to to arrive on Sept 10th and leave on the 14th. We can do two 4 hour shifts on the 11th, 12th or 13th.

Let me know if you can use our help.

Bob

JWalker
07-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Jamie,

Christine & I will be attending the show and visit the area. We plan to to arrive on Sept 10th and leave on the 14th. We can do two 4 hour shifts on the 11th, 12th or 13th.

Let me know if you can use our help.

Bob

Bob, that's great! Thanks for the help. See you there.

rfournelle
08-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Jamie, do you have any update on the schedule or are you holding off until closer to the date? Just trying to firm up some sightseeing of the area.

Thanks, Bob

JWalker
08-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Glad you asked.....

2014 PA Hershey Work Schedule

Wednesday - Lou & Bette - 1-5

Thursday- Lou & Bette - 9-1
Bob & Christine - 1-5

Friday - Duane & Debbie - 9-5

Saturday - Ginger & Jamie - 9-5
Bob & Christine - 1-5

Sunday - Dave & Eileen - 9-5

jbeletti
08-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Here's a Hershey Show update - a reprint from RVBusiness.com

Hershey Show Shaping Up to Be ‘Biggest Ever’
August 28, 2014 by Rick Kessler (http://www.rvbusiness.com/author/rkessler/)

http://www.rvbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Americas-RV-Show-logo-300x105.gif (http://www.rvbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Americas-RV-Show-logo.gif)With just a few weeks remaining before opening, the 46th Annual America’s Largest RV Show at the Giant Center in Hershey, Pa., already is being billed as “the biggest ever” by event organizers.
Heather Leach, marketing and education director for the host Pennsylvania RV & Camping Association (PRVCA), told RVBUSINESS.com that exhibitor space for the 2014 edition has reached 996,296 square feet, easily surpassing the previous record of 901,291 set in 2008. With more exhibitors still expected, there’s an outside chance the show could reach a million square feet of display space.
“We’re going to get really close,” said Leach, adding that attendance is expected to reach record numbers as well. Figures have climbed steadily over the years, including the last three: 35,507 in 2011, 43,131 in 2012 and 43,506 last year.
America’s Largest RV Show has grown in both numbers and stature. It’s widely recognized as one of the nation’s premier consumer RV shows, and is typically the event at which RV manufacturers will debut new models to the public.
The show also incorporates both Industry and Public Days to create a true “hybrid show.” Industry Days, Sept. 8-9, provides dealers and manufacturers the opportunity to network and concentrate on building relationships, while the Public Days, Sept. 10-14, allows dealers to sell products to consumers. Also on tap are a variety of RV technician training, service advising clinics and a distributor showcase.
This year, there will be 48 manufacturers displaying more than 1,300 RVs, including 70 demo models. Leach said the total is down slightly from last year due to recent acquisitions and consolidation in the industry.
Similarly, while the 2013 show featured 185 booth vendors, this year will include 144. Leach explained that vendors bought more booth space than they did previously, noting there’s a waiting list of 100 vendors who would like to be in the show. “It’s a nice problem to have,” she acknowledged.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Americas-Largest-RV-Show-300x225.jpg (http://www.rvbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Americas-Largest-RV-Show.jpg)RVs packed the display area in Hershey at last year’s show

That demand is why organizers made room for an additional 50 booth vendors outside the Giant Center in the space where the Park Model Village was located last year. The Park Model Village was relocated to a spot near the Saturday ticket gate, which Leach said should be “a benefit to them.”
“It’s been steady growth over the years, which is nice because we’re able to accommodate and manage that growth better,” Leach said, adding that this is the 10th year the show has been at the Giant Center. Prior to that, the event was held at the Farm Show Complex.
In addition to the first opportunity at seeing next year’s models, the show is popular with consumers for several other reasons, Leach said. It’s set up differently from many other RV shows since it is laid out by manufacturer instead of dealers, making it easy for attendees to shop and compare the many RV brands.
There are also a number of educational seminars, including:
• RV Doctor Gary Bunzer – “Technically Choosing Your RV; 10 RV Facts of Life.”
• RV Adventure Video with John Holod – “Learn about your next RV adventure.”
• Bob Marx – “Full Time and Extended RV Travel & Tips on Choosing an RV.”
• Grass Haven Outdoors (known as the Martha Stewart of RVing) – “Glamp-sites.”
The Industry Days education format includes:
• Red Carpet Breakfast featuring Olympic gold medalist volleyball champion Misty May-Treanor.
• RV technician training presented from: Lippert Components Inc.; Norcold Inc.; Atwood Mobile Products LLC; Thetford Corp.; Blue Ox; and Cequent Towing Products.
• Distributor showcase by Keller Marine and RV, and NTP Distribution.
• “Profitable Service Advising” by Chuck Marzahn and Gary Motley.
• Building a memorable customer experience-oriented brand.
The annual Industry Party will be 4-6 p.m. Monday at Hersheypark where exhibitors and attendees can enjoy rides, a variety of hors d’oeuvres, Pennsylvania’s own Yuengling Lager and an assortment of wines.
For more information visit www.largestRVshow.com (http://www.largestrvshow.com/).

jbeletti
08-28-2014, 08:24 PM
I've updated post #1 (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/46724-EVENT-RV-Show-PA-Hershey-9-10-2014-to-9-14-2014?p=369642&viewfull=1#post369642) of this thread by attaching our plot for the show. See the PDF to see what our plot looks like. Wilkins is on the Left and Camping World is on the right. They are both representing various Heartland brands at this show. The club table will be somewhere in the Wilkins display - probably right up front.

JWalker
09-09-2014, 04:18 AM
Just a reminder if the volunteer schedule......

2014 PA Hershey Work Schedule

Wednesday - Lou & Bette - 1-5

Thursday- Lou & Bette - 9-1
Bob & Christine - 1-5

Friday - Duane & Debbie - 9-5

Saturday - Ginger & Jamie - 9-5
Bob & Christine - 1-5

Sunday - Dave & Eileen - 9-5

Bobby A
09-09-2014, 06:34 AM
If you guys get a chance to walk around to the vendor area and you see a sign advertising Ja-Mar travel park in Port Richey Florida, stop and say Hi to our friends Bob & Starla, tell them you are Heartland owners and know Bob & Lisa Altizer from the Heartland family. They will be blown away !! Have fun !!

davebennington
09-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Here are a few pictures of the Heartland Owners table and a couple shots of the "new Ashland".
31761 31762 31763 3176431765 31766 3176731768 31769 31770 31771 31772 31773 31774 31775

More pictures tomorrow???

dave

codycarver
09-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Here are a few pictures of the Heartland Owners table and a couple shots of the "new Ashland".
More pictures tomorrow???

dave

Picture one seems to be a clear cut case of work place sexual harassment but not working in the work place I could be way off base here. Amy wants pictures of the kitchen please:)

davebennington
09-09-2014, 09:36 PM
I will see what I can do!!

dave

Flying Dutchman
09-09-2014, 09:44 PM
I do like what I see. Will you give us a tour of your new rig????:D

davebennington
09-10-2014, 06:27 AM
What new rig?? As I see the biggest problem is having the money around to pay for it.

dave

davebennington
09-10-2014, 08:02 PM
As I promised, I did managed to snap a few shots of the Ashland kitchen.
31787 31788 31789 31790 31791 31792

dave

JWalker
09-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Did anyone happen to take notice where the Lippert booth is at? Inside or out?

Thanks

codycarver
09-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Thank you Dave, Amy enjoyed them very much. One question she had was about the spice rack. Do you know if it is made from the counter top material or plastic from a vendor?

Lou_and_Bette
09-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Did anyone happen to take notice where the Lippert booth is at? Inside or out?

Thanks

Outside, not far from Heartland area

JWalker
09-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Outside, not far from Heartland area

Thanks, I have to meet with them on Saturday at some point.

davebennington
09-11-2014, 06:01 AM
Thank you Dave, Amy enjoyed them very much. One question she had was about the spice rack. Do you know if it is made from the counter top material or plastic from a vendor?

I believe it is from a vendor, however Tom told us he was not happy with it and was looking for another rack to replace it.

dave

jbeletti
09-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Jamie - Lippert is outside near the French Fry vendor.

Dave T - the spice rack is made from the LG Hausys counter material. It looks nice, if not a bit overdone and the mounting is a bit large. Tom has near term plans to move to a metal spice rack done in the same color tone as some other metal inside the coach (grab handles and magazine rack).

porthole
09-11-2014, 09:21 AM
See all y'all in a bit.

Made it Twin Grove last night. Last 65 miles were with yet another blown air bag.

But, because of past experience, I can now isolate the various air systems and was able to at least drive with air in the hitch.

Had intentions of stopping by last night but instead was changing out the bag [emoji35]

JWalker
09-14-2014, 04:58 PM
So......what did everyone find interesting at the show?

Big Country front living room was very nice! Not completely sold on the side patio on the Cyclone and Big Country. It might grow on me.

Bryced15
09-14-2014, 05:20 PM
I was hoping to see more interior photos from the show on here or Facebook of the new floor plans and decors of Big Country, Big Horn, and Landmark.