EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/10/2014 to 9/14/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

VENUE:
DETAILS:
  • Pets: No (sorry)
  • Event Leader: jbeletti(click to contact)
ADDITIONAL INFO:
Jamie and Ginger (JWalker & MrsJWalker) and Jim Beletti (jbeletti) will be coordinating the Heartland Owners volunteer schedule for the 2014 Hershey Show.

There are some new PA licensing rules this year that we're wading through to determine how we can use Club Members without having to go through any licensing for them. Details to follow when we have it figured out. As such, all volunteers and day/time slots are all very tentative.

NEARBY RV PARKS
  • Hershey High Meadow (nearest - but hard to get a reservation)
  • Conewago (20 minutes away in Elizabethtown - Jim B is staying here)
  • Other places??
SCHEDULING
As we've done in past years, we'd like to see everyone work either two 4 hour shifts or one 8 hour shift.
  • A single shift will be 9am - 5pm
  • A split shift will be 9am - 1pm or 1pm - 5pm
More Info. to follow.

BADGES
"It is the plan" to have badges issued to those scheduled to work the show.
More Info. to follow after we resolve the licensing issue.

CURRENT VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE
The following Heartland Owners have expressed interest:
  1. Jim Beletti

Attachments

• Plot 501 - Wilkins and Camping World.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Ginger and I can work Saturday. We would love to be able to spend the weekend but I don't know if it is in the cards. We'll see.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
It was bound to happen. :eek: So many rally choices that are creating conflicts in our "fun" schedule. Sorry Jim, after being at the Hershey show for many years we will be at the SC rally at Willow Tree this year. On the bright side it may save me some money as we sure seem to be giving a lot of thought to the LM Savannah. It may be best to keep some distance from those tempting "show" offers. :rolleyes:

porthole

Retired
Probably can do one or more of the weekday slots.

FYI - pets There are two boarding facilities nearby. One right in Hershey and one nearby, Fido Club I think.

JWalker

Could everyone let me know your arrival and departure dates. It will help with scheduling. If you are coming in for just a day (like we are), let me know what day.

Jamie

bdb2047

Jamie we live close enough to drive from home so put us in where you need.

Could everyone let me know your arrival and departure dates. It will help with scheduling. If you are coming in for just a day (like we are), let me know what day.

Jamie

JWalker

If there is a preference on SPLIT shift or SINGLE shift, please let me know.
The "default setting" is SINGLE shift.

jbeletti

Hello Greeters!

Looks like we have solved how have club members work at the club table. If all goes to plan, club members selected to work the table will be issued Greeter badges.

Jamie will be emailing all who worked last year to see who wants to work again. Then he'll start working a list of new members responding to this thread.

Thanks all.

Jim

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
With my change in positions at work time off is a bigger issue than before. September is an even bigger issue so..... if we are to participate we will have to make it a day trip or a quick weekend turn around. I will have to let you know and will do so soon.

jimtoo

I just copied this from the IRV2 forum. If anyone is interested it might be fun. Maybe you could shop for a Heartland unit.

HGTV and Nancy Glass Productions are seeking shoppers for their RV show!

Couples and families who apply and are chosen will appear on HGTV’s annual RV special being filmed at America’s Largest RV Show in Hershey, Pennsylvania on September 10th through the 13th, 2014.

We are looking for 3 couples or families to feature as they shop for their dream RV. One day of filming is required. So if you’re fun, outgoing, and have an interest and knowledge of RVs please apply! However, shoppers that are new to the RV world are also welcome. No purchase is necessary!
Interested parties should email photos and a brief description of themselves and their dream RV to
rvcasting@nancyglassproductions.com / ronn@nancyglassproductions.com

Jim M

JWalker

I am going to start putting together a rough draft of the volunteer schedule shortly. I would like to give Jim the finalized schedule by this Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Thank you to all the people who signed up to help. Anyone else who would like to take a few hours to chat with potential Heartland owners about the benefits of the Heartland Owners Club, please let me know.

Jamie

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Jamie,

Christine & I will be attending the show and visit the area. We plan to to arrive on Sept 10th and leave on the 14th. We can do two 4 hour shifts on the 11th, 12th or 13th.

Let me know if you can use our help.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.