5th wheel v-notch ???

Delaine and Lindy

We have used the V-notch tail gate on all our tow trucks, but when we went to the Chevy 4500 we sold ours to our friends, didn't need it with the Chariot hauler bed. And just never got another one. Now we need to get another one. Anyone using one on the new body style Chevy 2008's. Comments please on what type your using. GBY....

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We ordered a Stromberg-Carlson for our 2008 GMC 3500 Sierra Duramax. Just make sure to specify to them when you call that you have the new body style. It isn't a louvered style, but looks nice and clean when installed. I think it was about $200, but I could be wrong about that.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
We ordered a Stromberg-Carlson for our 2008 GMC 3500 Sierra Duramax. Just make sure to specify to them when you call that you have the new body style. It isn't a louvered style, but looks nice and clean when installed. I think it was about $200, but I could be wrong about that.
I bought a louvered tailgate series 2000 made by Stromberg-Carlson from one of their dealers Parts World LLC in Fort Wayne Indiana and make sure you order a small kiit in addition if it applies to your truck. I just bought a Ford F-250 and am about to install it before we pick up our bighorn 3400RE. Just look up stromberg carlson on ebay and u will see Parts World have the lowest price. If you spray line-x in your bed, make sure they don't spray that tailgate also. It is made from aluminum and plastic.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I bought a louvered tailgate series 2000 made by Stromberg-Carlson from one of their dealers Parts World LLC in Fort Wayne Indiana and make sure you order a small kiit in addition if it applies to your truck. I just bought a Ford F-250 and am about to install it before we pick up our bighorn 3400RE. Just look up stromberg carlson on ebay and u will see Parts World have the lowest price. If you spray line-x in your bed, make sure they don't spray that tailgate also. It is made from aluminum and plastic.

Our tailgate is all metal and we bought it directly from Stromberg Carlson. We had line-x done to the bed and had the original tailgate sprayed too since we put it back on sometimes. We also took the hitch rails out of the bed before they sprayed it and had those sprayed separately. Now when the rails are left in the bed, they are almost invisible.