Lights won't come on

jrzygrl64

We have a 2014 Landmark that is currently parked at a storage place. We went over to put stuff in it the other day and opened the slides. Weird thing is the lights wouldn't come on. We didn't have a lot of time right then for trouble shooting so I thought I would ask if anyone had any ideas on where to start looking. Everything has always worked fine up til now.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bill and Kelly

danemayer

Hi jrzgrl64,

I'm assuming you're not plugged in to shore power.

Batteries obviously have enough charge to run the slides and the residential frig.

Those devices are powered through a different part of the 12V circuitry than the lights. The likely problem is that the 12V mini-circuit breaker that sits between the batteries and the fuse box has tripped, interruping the connection to the fuse box. I would assume that anything powered through the fuse box is also not working. That would include thermostat, furnace, A/C (since it relies on the thermostat), TV signal booster, fantastic fan, etc.

If you look at the Residential Refrigerator Guide, page 9, there's a picture that shows the mini-breakers near the batteries. One of them will have a teeny-tiny reset button on the end. Page 11 has a diagram of your 12V DC system.

Here's another view of a buss bar with notations that may help you identify the correct mini-breaker.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 35
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 28

jrzygrl64

Thanks! We will check out your suggestions on Saturday. We did not try the other things you mentioned and no, we are not hooked up to shore power.

jrzygrl64

We do have a battery cut off switch - I actually think we have 2 - and they were both on, otherwise I don't think the slides or frig would have worked.

jrzygrl64

Dan - that is exactly what it was! Thank you so much for your help! If you hadn't pointed us in that direction, probably wouldn't even have known to look for that. Much appreciated!

We love that we have a place to ask questions and get helpful answers!